Surf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 23 September 2018 | Surfing
Rob Bain, Layne Beachley, and Dave Macaulay have taken out the 2018 Azores Airlines World Masters Championship in the Grand Masters, Women's Masters and Men's Masters divisions.
The finals got underway in highly contestable three-foot surf at Praia de Santa Barbara, in the island of Sao Miguel.
A World Surf League (WSL) Specialty Event, the event has been treated to an abundance of swell and great performances by some of the legends of surfing from past generations, culminating with today's crowning of the champions.
- 21 September 2018 | Surfing
You can't be a good surfer if you don't you use your grey matter. Here's why intelligence is a powerful weapon in the waves.
Although surfing sounds pretty much like a physical and technical outdoor activity, intelligence plays a critical role in the development of the skills, and the performance you actually achieve in the waves.
There's a lot of theory and method in surfing as a high-performance sport, and it's been scientifically proved that learned knowledge is linked to the enhancement of sports practice.
- 20 September 2018 | Surfing
Surf spots - the place where dreams come true. And yes, magnificent surf breaks do exist.
Everyone has their favorites peaks, but sometimes - or maybe often - it's just better somewhere else. That's why surfers are travelers. They're in constant search for the ultimate wave, the secret spot.
Perfection is the goal; pure joy is the objective. So what does a surfer need to experience the celebration of his/her sport?
- The top 7 surf breaks in Ventura County
- Santiago Muñiz tastes gold at the 2018 ISA World Surfing Games
- The surfboard made from recycled Scotch whisky casks
- Surf Lakes ready to test the multi-break wave pool
- "Big Wednesday": a film about surfing and friendship in times of war
- This is how surfing in Siberia looks like