Wakeboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 15 February 2017 | Wakeboarding
The Australian wakeboarding star is back in the water after spending eight months recovering from a serious knee injury.
Clifford, 23, wiped out while shooting a video clip for the 2016 X Games Real Wake contest. The rehabilitation process took place in his home country.
"It's been a big eight-month journey of ups and downs, hard work, determination, sweat, and tears recovering from my left knee ACL reconstruction, but I wouldn't have changed a thing!" said Clifford.
- 26 January 2017 | Wakeboarding
The 25th anniversary edition of the Supra Boats Pro Wakeboard Tour (PWT) will take place in four new venues.
The longest-running professional wakeboarding circuit in the United States will showcase 16 riders competing for titles in four different states - Alabama, Utah, Colorado and Ohio.
The eight highest-ranked wake specialists from 2016 have already pre-qualified for the 2017 season. Mike Dowdy (2016 PWT champion), Nic Rapa (2016 Rookie of the Year), and Cory Teunissen are in this shortlist.
- 13 January 2017 | Wakeboarding
The Georgia Wake Series has revealed the full schedule for 2017 season.
Coming off a hugely successful inaugural season which saw over 130 unique riders participate in six events across the State as well as over $24,000 in purse and prizes, the organization announced the expansion of the competition for 2017.
This year, the Series is adding an additional stop while balancing the two disciplines of Boat and Park through an increased number of wake park events, including a trip to one of the most progressive parks in the world, the Valdosta Wake Compound.
- "ALa-Cruzin Uncut": Alex Graydon returns with imposing indie runs
- Wake Foil Academy hits the water running
- The model/wakesurfer with a French riding style
- Ben Leclair severely injured in wakeboarding accident
- Lior Sofer and Julia Rick claim the 2016 IWWF Cable Wakeboard World Championships
- All set for the 2016 IWWF Cable Wakeboard World Championships