Wakeboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 07 April 2014 | Wakeboarding
Melissa Marquardt has joined the Centurion Boats wakeboarding team of riders.
Marquardt grew up in Canyon Lake, California, where she started wakeboarding with her two brothers at a young age. When she turned 13, she got her first Liquid Force board.
Shortly afterward Liquid Force offered Melissa a spot on the pro team, and she has been with them ever since. Early contest victories motivated her to pursue wakeboarding further.
- 26 March 2014 | Wakeboarding
With over 63 events in the books, the WWA Wakeboard World Series returns in 2014 for three more awesome stops.
Brazil, Canada and USA will host as Phil Soven, Danny Thollander, Austin Hair and many more top pro riders bring their talents to proven, rock n' roll events.
On the WWA Wakeboard World Series, the action never stops, as soon as the riding ends on the water, the bands and DJs crank up their amplifiers and continue the entertainment straight into the dusk.
- 12 March 2014 | Wakeboarding
The World Wakeboard Association (WWA) has announced the qualification events for the 2014 Malibu WWA Pro Card.
All wakeboarders planning on riding in any Pro Men's division, including Wake Park (cable) or Wakeboard (boat) events will need to qualify for their 2014 Malibu WWA Pro Card, to compete in the Pro Men's division.
The top 20 riders on the WWA Wakeboard World Rankings, and the top 15 on the WWA Wake Park World Rankings lists automatically obtain their Pro Card for the 2014 season.
- Zoltan Torkos pulls the first kickflip ever in wakesurfing
- Synthetic Swell writes a new chapter for wakesurfing
- Wakeboarders get set for the Mandurah World Cup 2014
- New challenges for wakesurfers at the 2014 WWA Rider Experience
- Pro Men only at the MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour 2014
- WWA Wakeboard National Championships 2014 set for Texas