Wakeboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 28 April 2014 | Wakeboarding
Dean Smith has claimed the Nautique Wake Games 2014, in the Orlando Water Sports Complex.
Leveraging the G23's perfect wake to his advantage, Smith unleashed a lethal combination of huge airs and precise rail riding in the finals to edge out a stacked field of the world's best wakeboarders including Harley Clifford, Rusty Malinoski, Austin Hair, Daniel Powers and Josh Twelker.
With his progressive riding, Smith claimed one of the sport's most coveted trophies as well as jumping out to an early lead in the overall King of Wake standings.
- 23 April 2014 | Wakeboarding
The best amateur and professional wakeboarders and wakeskaters will travel to Mills Pond Park, in Fort Lauderdale, for the 2014 Rockstar WWA Wakeboard World Championships, between 11th-14th September.
More than 200 riders, ranging from seven to 55 years old, earn an invitation to the prestigious event by qualifying at their respective countries' national championships.
The 2014 event is expected to feature some the sport's biggest names including riders Austin Hair, Taylor McCullough, Trevor Hansen, Reed Hansen, Brad Teunissen, Cory Teunissen and Bec Gange.
- 17 April 2014 | Wakeboarding
Sam Carne conquered the first 2014 Malibu WWA Pro Card Qualifier, at Freedom Wake Park.
The 2014 season got started in a superb mood, with virtually perfect conditions, a massive Wakesetter 22 MXZ wake and 25 riders looking to turn pro.
The format was simple. For starters, make sure that fun is in the forefront of everyone's mind. Second, each rider advancing to the semifinals would earn their 2014 Malibu WWA Pro Card.
- Jeff Weatherall wins the 2014 New Zealand Wakeboard Nationals
- Melissa Marquardt joins Centurion Boats
- Brazil opens the WWA Wakeboard World Series 2014
- The 2014 Malibu WWA Pro Card qualification events
- Zoltan Torkos pulls the first kickflip ever in wakesurfing
- Synthetic Swell writes a new chapter for wakesurfing