Wakeboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 09 March 2014 | Wakeboarding
Zoltan Torkos has pulled the first-ever kickflip in the history of wakesurfing.
He's a surfer, he's from Santa Cruz, and he's the only living wizard of the surfing world. You've probably heard of Zoltan Torkos by now.
The man who invented the "Darkslide" and the "Fingerflip Spongeboard Transfer" is always cooking something new, something that has never been done.
- 03 March 2014 | Wakeboarding
More than 130 wakesurfers participated in the Synthetic Swell, in Lake Elsinore and San Diego Bay.
The largest wakesurfing event ever in Southern California attracted 58 riders to Elsinore and 73 riders to Pepper Park, with a total of 19 boats involved.
It has been considered and historic demo day for all wakesurfing enthusiasts. Synthetic Swell was organized by Marco Thompson and gathered gear dealers, athletes and boat owners.
- 27 February 2014 | Wakeboarding
The Mandurah World Cup will kick off the 2014 International Waterski and Wakeboard Federation (IWWF) season, between 15th-16th March, in Western Australia.
With floating obstacles and high altitude gymnastics in the air, wakeboarders will have a chance to prove that all pre-season training was worth it.
Over 100,000 spectators are expected on site, in Mandurah. This world cup stop will add waterski jump to the wakeboard program. There are skiers and riders from 24 countries already confirmed.
- New challenges for wakesurfers at the 2014 WWA Rider Experience
- Pro Men only at the MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour 2014
- WWA Wakeboard National Championships 2014 set for Texas
- Tom Fooshee claims the 2013 WWA Wake Park World Series
- Tom Fooshee shines in Wake Park World Series Australia
- Street cable wakeboarding ignites the 2013 Wakepoolooza