Wakeboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 08 November 2012 | Wakeboarding
The University of Louisiana-Monroe water ski team won the Division 1 title, at the 34th Collegiate Water Ski National Championships, at Tri-Lakes in Zachary.
The Warhawks tallied 12,475 points in winning their second consecutive national title and 24th title in the history of the event. The University of Louisiana-Lafayette finished second, scoring 11,585 points.
The competition included 12 teams in Division 1 and 11 teams in Division 2. National team champions were declared in both divisions. Individual medals for slalom, tricks and jumping were awarded based on athletes' placements within their division.
- 24 October 2012 | Wakeboarding
Wakeboarding pioneer Herb O'Brien has passed away at the age of 68, after suffering kidney complications for several years.
Herb O'Brien has dedicated his life to boardsports, watersports and wakeboarding, in particular. As an entrepreneur, O'Brien founded three companies: Radar/Ronix, HO/Hyperlite and O'Brien.
"Herb O'Brien is so much more than the sports biggest visionary. He was a dear friend to so many of us, willing to give the shirt off his back to those around him", Ronix wrote.
- 23 October 2012 | Wakeboarding
The 2012 WWA Wake Park World Championships will hit the Al Forsan International Sports Resort, in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, from December 6th-8th.
Wakeboarders and wakeskaters from all over the world will be traveling to this fascinating city that seamlessly blends tradition with modern marvels.
"As the second year back to Al Forsan International Sports Resort, the 2012 WWA Wake Park World Championships is going to be one amazing event", underlines Shannon Starling, the WWA President.
- The complete list of cable wakeboarding parks
- Cable wakeboard parks spread across the world
- Action sports industry supports wakeboarding in the Olympic Games
- Orlando Watersports Complex wakeboarders win in Texas
- Jeremiah Hoppe wins the 2012 Cash for Tricks
- BSR Cable Park hosts the National Points Championship