Wakeboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 30 April 2018 | Wakeboarding
Erkka Lehtonen will try to ride a wakeboard for 12 hours in a solar-powered cable wakeboarding park.
The attempt will take place at Laguuni, a water sports center in Finland. The local cable wakeboarding track is powered by a solar electricity system with 20 solar panels, provided by the Finnish clean-energy company Fortum.
There is only a handful of wakeboarding world records made in Finland, the last one done in 2001.
- 01 March 2018 | Wakeboarding
The full schedule for the 2018 Georgia Wake Series has been released.
Following a sophomore year that saw the Georgia Wake Series expand the schedule with an additional cable stop, resulting in nail-biting finishes where State champions were not determined until the final pass, the season was a tremendous success.
For 2018, the Georgia Wake Series grows to eight total events including four cable and four boat stops, making it the most balanced grassroots series in the country.
- 23 February 2018 | Wakeboarding
Steel Lafferty is well known for breaking new ground in the wakeboarding world, and his new project tackling the stunning Siete Tazas (Seven Cups) rock formation, in Chile, is no different.
The American and his trusted team set up a daunting run comprising seven waterfalls and seven jumps including breathtaking drops of seven and eight meters.
"It was a very crazy idea and very difficult to make. I think it was the most complicated place I had ever been," said Steel Lafferty.
- Wakesurf Edge Pro Shaper creates the wake wave of your dreams
- The 2018 Supra Boats Pro Wakeboard Tour schedule
- The first-ever wakeboarding session in a surf pool
- Why is Cory Teunissen feeling "Numb"?
- "Shake The Lake": The world's first wakeboarding comic
- Dominik Hernler performs wakeboarding stunts in the heart of Paris