Wakeboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 13 January 2017 | Wakeboarding
The Georgia Wake Series has revealed the full schedule for 2017 season.
Coming off a hugely successful inaugural season which saw over 130 unique riders participate in six events across the State as well as over $24,000 in purse and prizes, the organization announced the expansion of the competition for 2017.
This year, the Series is adding an additional stop while balancing the two disciplines of Boat and Park through an increased number of wake park events, including a trip to one of the most progressive parks in the world, the Valdosta Wake Compound.
- 03 January 2017 | Wakeboarding
A few months after the launch of "ALa-Cruzin," Alex Graydon returns with a unique compilation of indie runs shot in his home state.
He hails from Equality, Alabama, and it is because of people like him that wakeboarding is growing fast, and getting more and more complex.
Alex Graydon might have stepped off of the competitive scene, but he's still out there setting the trends, and taking the sport to incredible heights.
- 16 December 2016 | Wakeboarding
Are you ready to step into wake foiling? The newly launched Wake Foil Academy will guide you through the new wakeboarding discipline.
Slingshot believes that wake foiling is a natural evolution that started with wakeboarding, and then progressed to wakesurfing.
"Imagine feeling like you are snowboarding in three feet of fresh, untouched powder. Or, floating above the water, from turn to turn in any water condition. That is wake foiling," states the action sports company.
- The model/wakesurfer with a French riding style
- Ben Leclair severely injured in wakeboarding accident
- Lior Sofer and Julia Rick claim the 2016 IWWF Cable Wakeboard World Championships
- All set for the 2016 IWWF Cable Wakeboard World Championships
- Riders create a floating wake park using shipping containers
- Punta Cana crowns new wakeboarding champions