Wakeboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 15 June 2016 | Wakeboarding
Cory Teunissen claimed the Nautique European Pro/Am 2016 in the stunning spot of Castelo de Bode, near Ferreira do Zezere, in Portugal.
The world's best amateur and professional wakeboarders enjoyed three sunny days of competition in front of an enthusiastic crowd. The sport of wakeboarding is rapidly growing in a country where surfing and bodyboarding are the king and queen of watersports.
In the Pro Men's final, Teunissen had a dream run which included a mute mobe five to the flats. With a score of 92.00, it was enough to smash Mike Dowdy and Tony Iaconni.
- 23 May 2016 | Wakeboarding
Daniel Grant has taken out the Red Bull Wake of Steel 2016, held in Linz, Austria.
The extreme wakeboarding competition attracted 18 stars of the sport, who performed breathtaking tricks and maneuvers in a post-industrial setting and surrounded by an enthusiastic crowd.
Grant has already won the event twice, but he nearly missed the super final with James Windsor, Julian Cohen, Ben LeClair, and Szebasztian Szolath. Daniel qualified in fifth place and knew he had to step up his game.
- 10 May 2016 | Wakeboarding
Mike Dowdy conquered the first event of the 2016 Supra Boats Pro Wakeboard Tour season, held in Fort Worth, Texas.
The largest and longest-running professional wakeboard and wakesurf circuit kicked off with an exciting surprise: Harley Clifford didn't win it. And Cory Teunissen fell in the semifinals.
In the wakeboarding division, and despite the tricky wind conditions, Dowdy was the in-form athlete of the event. In the final run, he scored 94.33 points and took first place ahead of Rusty Malinoski and Tony Iacconi.
- "Seasons" chases the soul of wakeboarding
- Harley Clifford kicks off the 2016 season with a bang
- World's first wakeboarding resort opens in Castelo de Bode
- First ever indoor wakesurfing competition hits Nashua
- Corrie Dyer Wilson is the first woman to run the World Wakeboard Association
- Amateur wakeboarders return for the 2016 Rider Experience