Wakeboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 10 May 2016 | Wakeboarding
Mike Dowdy conquered the first event of the 2016 Supra Boats Pro Wakeboard Tour season, held in Fort Worth, Texas.
The largest and longest-running professional wakeboard and wakesurf circuit kicked off with an exciting surprise: Harley Clifford didn't win it. And Cory Teunissen fell in the semifinals.
In the wakeboarding division, and despite the tricky wind conditions, Dowdy was the in-form athlete of the event. In the final run, he scored 94.33 points and took first place ahead of Rusty Malinoski and Tony Iacconi.
- 02 May 2016 | Wakeboarding
It's the film all wakeboarders have been waiting for. "Seasons" follows the life of 18 male and female riders who share the same passion.
The documentary directed by Jamie Graff witnessed the present and future of wakeboarding and wakesurfing, as young and not-so-young athletes showcase their talent and skills through the seasons of the year.
Adam Silcio, Austin Keen, Ben Watts, Bryan Magaldi, Callaway Ford, Corey Bradley, Gigi Meyer, Jamie Eichler, Jeff Langley, Jeremy Haley, Joel Schrader, Mark Roche, Missy Olivares, Morgan Crescent, Oli Derome, Pierce Bishop, Steel Lafferty, and Vinny Knapp will conquer your heart.
- 26 April 2016 | Wakeboarding
Harley Clifford has taken out the 2016 Nautique Wake Open, at the Orlando Watersports Complex, in Florida.
The wakeboarding champion has once again stepped up his game and pulled a double half-cab roll to claim the best run of the finals with a score of 94.00.
"I couldn't be happier with my riding today. Mike and JD crushed their runs and left me with no choice but to go out and pull out big tricks. I'm looking forward to carrying the momentum from this weekend into the remainder of the season," said Clifford.
- World's first wakeboarding resort opens in Castelo de Bode
- First ever indoor wakesurfing competition hits Nashua
- Corrie Dyer Wilson is the first woman to run the World Wakeboard Association
- Amateur wakeboarders return for the 2016 Rider Experience
- Georgia Wake Series debuts with five tour stops
- The 2016 Supra Boats Pro Wakeboard Tour schedule