Wakeboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 03 May 2017 | Wakeboarding
Harley Clifford has taken out the 2017 Nautique Wake Open, in Orlando, Florida.
The Australian powerhouse stormed the event and proved he is ready to battle for another world title. Clifford has recently returned to the water after recovering from a serious knee injury.
The Men's Pro final included Mike Dowdy, Noah Flegel, and Cory Teunissen, but it was Clifford who stole the show by hitting a double indy tantrum on his first trick, a tail grab KGB, and a melon toe nine.
- 15 February 2017 | Wakeboarding
The Australian wakeboarding star is back in the water after spending eight months recovering from a serious knee injury.
Clifford, 23, wiped out while shooting a video clip for the 2016 X Games Real Wake contest. The rehabilitation process took place in his home country.
"It's been a big eight-month journey of ups and downs, hard work, determination, sweat, and tears recovering from my left knee ACL reconstruction, but I wouldn't have changed a thing!" said Clifford.
- 26 January 2017 | Wakeboarding
The 25th anniversary edition of the Supra Boats Pro Wakeboard Tour (PWT) will take place in four new venues.
The longest-running professional wakeboarding circuit in the United States will showcase 16 riders competing for titles in four different states - Alabama, Utah, Colorado and Ohio.
The eight highest-ranked wake specialists from 2016 have already pre-qualified for the 2017 season. Mike Dowdy (2016 PWT champion), Nic Rapa (2016 Rookie of the Year), and Cory Teunissen are in this shortlist.
- Georgia Wake Series expands for 2017
- "ALa-Cruzin Uncut": Alex Graydon returns with imposing indie runs
- Wake Foil Academy hits the water running
- The model/wakesurfer with a French riding style
- Ben Leclair severely injured in wakeboarding accident
- Lior Sofer and Julia Rick claim the 2016 IWWF Cable Wakeboard World Championships