Wakeboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 26 October 2016 | Wakeboarding
Three wakeboarders have created a wakeboarding park in Pula, Croatia, using shipping containers.
Dominik Gührs, Felix Georgii, and Dominik Hernler used a crane to lift the shipping containers and place them in a 360-degree floating course.
The Water Crane project allows wakeboarders to enjoy multiple XXL obstacles in Uljanik Pula Wharf. The trio also created a flying obstacle, which they initially struggled to master but became central to their riding.
- 12 October 2016 | Wakeboarding
Massi Piffaretti and Nicola Butler conquered the 2016 Malibu Punta Cana Pro, in the Dominican Republic.
The last event of the Malibu Evolution Pro Series and Wakeboard World Series (WBWS) determined the season champions in choppy, hurricane-affected waters.
There was a lot at stake in the Pro Men's final, but the Italian wakeboarder was too strong and won the first WBWS event of his career.
- 16 September 2016 | Wakeboarding
Slingshot Sports announced the launch of the Wakefoiler, a foil wakeboard.
The watersports company unveiled its new addition to the wake lineup at the 2016 Surf Expo. This new breed of behind-the-boat toy offers riders an entirely new sensation and challenge on the water.
One of the best parts of the Wakefoiler is that you can ride it behind just about anything, from a personal watercraft to a pontoon, to a crusty old fishing boat.
- The WWA announces name change to reflect all wake sports
- Daniel Grant storms the Wake The Line 2016
- Mike Dowdy is the 2016 Supra Boats Pro Wakeboard Tour champion
- Who will stop Mike Dowdy in the Pro Wakeboard Tour 2016?
- Raph Derome triumphs in the 2016 Malibu Sparks Pro
- Dream run for Tony Iacconi at Lake Norman