Sarah-Quita Offringa wins her third PWA Slalom World Tour title
- 12 September 2016 | Windsurfing
Sarah-Quita Offringa has conquered her third PWA Slalom World Tour title, at Hvide Sande, in Denmark.
The windsurfer from Aruba added another trophy to her long list of accomplishments. Despite being known for her freestyle skills, Offringa continues to impress in the races.
"I'm very happy. I was emotional when the event was officially called off because it's been a stressful day with the conditions right on the edge, so it was pretty nerve-wracking," said Offringa, who had previously won slalom world titles in 2011, and 2015.
The 25-year-old sailor has already freestyle world champion for nine times, and she is also participating in wave windsurfing events on the PWA World Tour.
"It's great to see so many girls competing at such a high level and hopefully that's a good sign for the future. Thanks to all of my sponsors and much love to my family and friends for their non-stop support."
Meanwhile, on the men's side, Matteo Iachino won the event, and he is currently tied with Pierre Mortefon in the overall rankings. The events in Sylt and La Torche will decide who takes home the crown.
"I won in Korea and didn't have the best Costa Brava and was solid in Fuerte. Now I'm really happy to be leading. Me and Pierre have the same points, but I think I lead because I've managed to win two events this year. It looks like it is going to be another exciting title race with two events to go," concluded Iachino.
2016 Women's PWA Slalom World Tour | Final Standings
1. Sarah-Quita Offringa (Starboard / NeilPryde / Mystic / Maui Ultra Fins)
2. Lena Erdil (Starboard / Point-7 / AL360)
3. Delphine Cousin Questel (Starboard / Gun Sails)
4. Fujiko Onishi (Starboard / Point-7)
5. Fulya Ünlü (Starboard / Severne)
2016 Men's PWA World Cup | Current Rankings
1. Matteo Iachino (Starboard / Point-7)
2. Pierre Mortefon (Fanatic / NorthSails)
3. Ross Williams (Tabou / GA Sails / Mystic / Shamal Sunglasses)
4. Julien Quentel (Patrik / Avanti)
5. Antoine Albeau (RRD / NeilPryde)