Albeau conquers Catalunya and enters world title race
- 29 May 2017 | Windsurfing
Antoine Albeau accelerated to victory at the 2017 Catalunya PWA World Cup, in Spain.
The French rocket, 44, proved he will not be distracted from his world title goals by putting out a commanding performance in the warm waters of the Mediterranea Sea.
This time, the winds allowed eight races, and Albeau won three. In the foil division, he took three out of five bullets.
"I am enjoying the victory. It was an amazing event for me winning both disciplines, slalom, and foil. Thanks, Costa Brava, for giving us these conditions," expressed Albeau.
Julien Quentel, who had won the first event in Japan, was unable to speed up and finished in a surprising 20th position. Pierre Mortefon is now second in the overall ranking, only 50 points behind the leader Antoine Albeau.
The next stop on the 2017 PWA Slalom World Tour is the Fuerteventura World Cup, which runs from July 26-30 in Playa Barca, Sotavento.
2017 Catalunya PWA World Cup | Top 5
1. Antoine Albeau (RRD / NeilPryde)
2. Pierre Mortefon (Fanatic / NorthSails / Chopper Fins)
3. Matteo Iachino (Starboard / Point-7 / Shamal Windsurfing Sunglasses)
4. Pascal Toselli (99NoveNove / LoftSails / Chopper Fins)
5. Ross Williams (Tabou / GA Sails / Mystic / Shamal Windsurfing Sunglasses)