Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 16 January 2019 | Windsurfing
The 2019 European Freestyle Pro Tour (EFPT) calendar has been released.
This year, the organization secured a prize money of €108,000 and will hold events in eight different venues.
The season will kick off with a tow-in only competition in Austria. Then, after a stop in Spain's Catalonia, the best freestyle windsurfers of the Old Continent will head to Italy for a new challenge in Sicily.
- 08 January 2019 | Windsurfing
The International Windsurfing Tour (IWT) announced the introduction of equal prize money for male and female competitors.
The announcement takes full effect in the 2019 season and will award $50,000 overall to the eight best-ranked wave sailors.
The breakdown for both pro men and women goes as follows:
- 03 January 2019 | Windsurfing
French Polynesia is one of the most beautiful places in the world. But it also exports truly talented sportswomen.
"Meherio" is a documentary featuring professional windsurfer Mathilde Zampieri, as well as pro surfers Aelan Vaast and Vaimiti Teiefitu.
They are three of the most exciting young female watersports performers in French Polynesia. The 45-minute movie was shot by Colter Johnson.
- Class associations and windsurf manufacturers invited to submit equipment for Paris 2024
- Jason Polakow scores big time in Indonesia
- Sometimes we all need to travel "As Far As We Can"
- 10 national records broken at the 2018 Luderitz Speed Challenge
- A dream wave sailing week in Tahiti
- Does blending windsurfing and football really work?