Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 24 May 2018 | Windsurfing
The North Shore of Fuerteventura is a magical place, and when the right wind and swell align, it produces ideal conditions for wave sailing.
Julien Taboulet is a quiet, yet busy windsurfer. He's not a social media fanatic, and he runs the Wesh Center in Leucate, so it's hard to follow some of his secret adventures.
Nevertheless, recently, he's had the time of his life in the Canary Islands. With winds of up to 40 knots and double mast-high wave sets, the French delivered a stunning wave sailing lesson.
- 22 May 2018 | Windsurfing
Vincent Langer claimed the 2018 IFCA Slalom Windsurfing European Championships, in Westerland, Sylt, Germany.
The seven-day event had five eliminations and a broad range of wind and ocean conditions, from light breezes and flat waters to gusty winds and pumping swells.
In fact, on day three, competitors were greeted by three-meter waves and 30-knot plus winds. The good news is that Germans love windsurfing, and they are willing to sacrifice comfort for an exciting competition.
- 16 May 2018 | Windsurfing
Niclas Nebelung has taken out the first event of the 2018 German Freestyle Battle (GFB) series, in the Fehmarn Island.
For the fifth consecutive year, the German freestyle windsurfing elite gathered for the Mercedes-Benz Surf-Festival 2018.
Despite the lack of wind on the first day, there was enough breeze on the last day to start a single elimination and crown a champion.
- Nicolas Warembourg wins the 2018 Défi Wind
- How can a windsurfer survive beatings and wipeouts?
- The story of Naomi Albrecht, the world's first female windsurfer
- Le Défi: The windsurfing and kiteboarding marathon in numbers
- Tonky Frans steals the 2018 Surf Worldcup
- World Sailing and Virtual Regatta announce the eSailing World Championship