Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 18 July 2018 | Windsurfing
There are many ways of enjoying windsurfing, and they all require the same equipment items: a board, a sail, a boom and a mast.
Whether you're hooked to maneuvers, waves, speed, or racing, you'll always find a discipline that will make you fulfill your dreams.
Today, there are many types of sails and plenty of windsurfing board models. Each one serves a different purpose and distinct windsurfing disciplines.
- 10 July 2018 | Windsurfing
For the first time in its history, the Gran Canaria Windsurf World Cup will award equal prize money to men and women at Pozo Izquierdo.
The 30th anniversary of the windsurfing competition held in the Canary Islands will be a special one to all the female athletes involved in the waves discipline.
"As women windsurfers, we have been dreaming about this moment for the last 21 years. We run the same risks, train hard and even worse, with lower salaries and opportunities," Daida Moreno, organizer, and competitor, told Continent Seven.
- 06 July 2018 | Windsurfing
It looks unreal, and it can be dangerous, too. Windsurfing's triple loop is not yet a reality, but Ricardo Campello is leading the way.
Looping requires a lot of practice, but when you're going for a triple attempt, the chances will hurt yourself increase dramatically.
Wave sailing specialists know that timing, speed, a good ramp, and a powered sail are needed to land a double loop. And everything happens quickly.
- Bruno Martini sets a new record at the 2018 One Hour Classic
- João Rodrigues, 46, crowned 2018 Raceboard world champion
- How long does it take to learn windsurfing?
- Nicolas Warembourg wins the 2018 Défi Wind Caribbean
- Boards & More splits from North Sails, Duotone is born
- Boujmaa Guilloul sails to victory at the 2018 Pistol River Wave Bash