Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 28 November 2017 | Windsurfing
The 2017 PWA World Tour season is over, and two new champions have been crowned in the turquoise waters of New Caledonia.
Antoine Albeau, the most successful professional windsurfer of all time, secured his 24th world title, after winning the last event of the year.
In fact, Albeau finished first in four of the six stages held in 2017. One question remains unanswered: who will dethrone the king of slalom in the upcoming seasons?
- 24 November 2017 | Windsurfing
Zara Davis has broken the women's speed windsurfing world record, at the 2017 Luderitz Speed Challenge, in Namibia.
The world's most famous speed sailing canal has once again delivered the goods. British speed windsurfer Zara Davis broke a record set in 2015.
Two years ago, Swiss bullet Karin Jaggi raised the women's bar and stole the world record from Davis by sailing at 46.31 knots in a 500-meter run.
- 16 November 2017 | Windsurfing
Have you decided to become a windsurfer today? Learn what to expect from your first windsurfing lessons.
Windsurfing is a fun and exhilarating watersport that can be enjoyed at all ages, and marginal wind conditions. All you need is a small lake to get started.
The best way to learn to windsurf is by enrolling in an officially recognized windsurfing school, with a welcoming environment and an instructor/students ratio no greater than 1:6.
- Morgan Noireaux claims Aloha Classic and 2017 IWT title
- RS:Convertible crowns its first world champions
- Records begin to fall at the 2017 Luderitz Speed Challenge
- Adam Lewis raises the sword at the 2017 Tiree Wave Classic
- Jacopo Testa is the 2017 European Freestyle Pro Tour champion
- IMOCA vs Windsurfer: who's fastest?