Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 29 March 2018 | Windsurfing
Dire Straits were one of the most successful British bands of the 1980s. Between 1977 and 1995, they sold over 100 million records worldwide.
But what many didn't know was that two of their members - Alan Clark and Guy Fletcher - were avid windsurfing enthusiasts.
According to a 1990 TV news story by ITV, the duo started sailing when recording in the Caribbean. Whenever on tour, they always managed to find time to get out on the water.
- 25 March 2018 | Windsurfing
The Circolo Surf Torbole will once again organize a professional slalom windsurf training during April.
All athletes will have the opportunity to train and fine-tune their gear before the first PWA World Tour event scheduled for May 2018.
All windsurfing enthusiasts are welcome to join the training sessions, and the club will provide storage for the equipment.
- 19 March 2018 | Windsurfing
The flaka is one of the most popular jumping maneuvers in freestyle windsurfing.
American windsurfer Web Pedrick was the first to perform the aerial windward 360 trick. Initially, he named it "The Swayze," in honor of Patrick Swayze, but the designation evolved to flaka.
A flaka is a flat water taka. Although it is seen as a quite unnatural move because it forces the sailor to jump forward, and stick the nose of the board slightly under water, it is also a gracious maneuver.
- Windsurfstuff.com helps you choose the boards and sails you need
- Foiling added to the 2018 One Hour Classic
- From Cuba to Florida: Chasing freedom on a windsurfer
- Jamaer and Ten Hoeve challenge a Danish snowstorm
- Dunkerbeck Pro Center opens in Bonaire
- Sebastian Steudtner puts surfboard aside and goes windsurfing