Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 13 April 2018 | Windsurfing
The world's largest OEM manufacturers of composite equipment for the water sports industry announced the launch of the Windsurfer LT.
Cobra International, a Thailand-based company that produces gear for windsurfing, kitesurfing, surfing, and stand-up paddleboarding (SUP), developed a new windsurf board that hopes to take the sport back to its roots.
The creation of the Windsurfer LT has been supervised by former Olympic windsurfer Bruce Wylie, and by the Windsurfer Class Association, who is celebrating its 50th anniversary.
- 09 April 2018 | Windsurfing
Antoine Martin and Iballa Moreno have taken out the 2018 Morocco Spot X, at Moulay.
The first PWA event held in Morocco simultaneously kicked off the Women's Wave World Tour, and the 2018 International Windsurfing Tour season.
Moulay delivered one of the most memorable competitive wave sailing sessions in the history of windsurfing, providing massive waves and powerful winds to all competitors.
- 08 April 2018 | Windsurfing
The qualification system for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic sailing competition has been announced.
The 2020 Summer Olympics will feature a total of 350 sailors competing in 250 boats and ten different Olympic sailing classes. They will all compete for gold, silver, and bronze medals.
The RS:X class will be represented by 52 athletes - 25 male windsurfers, and 27 female sailboarders. It is the second Olympic sailing class with the most number of participants in the competition.
- Karo van Tonder: the first female windsurfer to complete an 80-kilometer race
- The curious connection between Dire Straits and windsurfing
- Circolo Surf Torbole hosts pro slalom training session
- How to do a flaka into flaka (double flaka)
- Windsurfstuff.com helps you choose the boards and sails you need
- Foiling added to the 2018 One Hour Classic