Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 15 December 2017 | Windsurfing
Swiss windsurfer Balz Müller has been chasing winter storms for quite a while, but what you're about to witness is absolutely extreme.
On December 11, Switzerland's Lake Uri was invaded by a dry, warm, and down-slope wind called foehn wind, resulting in powerful 120 km/h (75 mph) winds.
Müller and a small group of local windsurfers decided to give it a go. A decade ago, the 23-year-old sailor watched a video shot in Pointe Rouge, Marseille, and dreamed of riding a similar storm. So, this was his day.
- 12 December 2017 | Windsurfing
Foil windsurfing is an exciting and unique new discipline. Learn to get flying effortlessly above water.
Windsurf foiling will allow you to experience a silent flight above the water. Hydrofoils offer a different sensation and will make your bigger board feel looser and freer.
One of the greatest advantages of foiling is that you'll be able to sail a windsurfer in really light winds. This underwater wing will allow you to ride according to your personal style.
- 06 December 2017 | Windsurfing
The 2017 edition didn't get the Force 10 winds required for the green light, but the organizers have announced the waiting period for the 2018 season.
The Red Bull Storm Chase 2018 will get underway whenever the weather conditions deliver wind speeds of 48-55 knots in the Northern Hemisphere.
The most extreme windsurfing contest on planet Earth challenges eight experienced sailors to defy Mother Nature between January 5 and March 17, 2018.
- Windsurfing in Antarctica: The day Thomas Miklautsch sailed near collapsing icebergs
- World title number 24 for Antoine Albeau
- Zara Davis breaks women's speed windsurfing world record
- What to expect from windsurfing lessons
- Morgan Noireaux claims Aloha Classic and 2017 IWT title
- RS:Convertible crowns its first world champions