Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 07 August 2017 | Windsurfing
Adam Holm has been crowned the 2017 Kona One world champion, in Bastad, Sweden.
The 23-year-old windsurfer secured the title after a thrilling battle with Dutchman Huig-Jan Tak, who finished only one point behind the winner. The three-times world champion Björn Holm won the bronze medal.
The event took place on classical racing waters on the west coast of Sweden. The first days of races got underway in very light and shifty conditions, putting lots of effort on the tactical skills.
- 01 August 2017 | Windsurfing
Israel won three of the four gold medals at stake at the ￼Techno 293 European Championship 2017, in the northwest of France. But it was a local windsurfer who claimed the most coveted title.
The future stars of Olympic windsurfing battled it out for medals in light-to-medium wind conditions throughout the week, in Lorient.
The organization was able to set 12 races in 12-to-16 knots of wind, and an M-shaped course was tested for the first time.
- 26 July 2017 | Windsurfing
Sarah-Quita Offringa secured her tenth PWA Freestyle world title, at Fuerteventura, in Spain.
The Aruban sailor conquered "La Decima" in one of the most thrilling women's finals in the history of windsurfing. Offringa beat Maaike Huvermann in a nerve-wracking showdown.
The Dutch landed shuvit spocks, konos, a culo, and a puneta, but Offringa took a deep breath and replied with a magic burner. Both windsurfers only heard the judges' decision on the beach.
- First RS:One Convertible European champions crowned in Penmarch
- 25 most common mistakes in windsurfing
- Philip Köster makes dream return at Pozo Izquierdo
- The different types of windsurfing fins
- Antoine Albeau crowned 2017 IFCA European Slalom champion
- Michael Rossmeier releases "Tricktionary 3: Windsurfing Bible"