Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 19 March 2018 | Windsurfing
The flaka is one of the most popular jumping maneuvers in freestyle windsurfing.
American windsurfer Web Pedrick was the first to perform the aerial windward 360 trick. Initially, he named it "The Swayze," in honor of Patrick Swayze, but the designation evolved to flaka.
A flaka is a flat water taka. Although it is seen as a quite unnatural move because it forces the sailor to jump forward, and stick the nose of the board slightly under water, it is also a gracious maneuver.
- 14 March 2018 | Windsurfing
An 18-year-old windsurfer from Germany launched a website where windsurfers can easily filter and search boards and sails from every brand in the industry.
Windsurfstuff.com aggregates over 100 boards and 100 sails from 22 windsurfing companies. Whether you're a beginner, intermediate or advanced windsurfer, you can get exactly what you need.
"I created this site from a windsurfer's perspective. I believe that the quality of the products varies little from brand to brand, and new brands are continuously searching their way into the market," explains Jannis Rohden, founder of Windsurfstuff.com.
- 12 March 2018 | Windsurfing
In 2018, the Circolo Surf Torbole is celebrating its 40th anniversary.
The Italian windsurf club founded in 1978 is preparing a year-long series of activities to honor its history and past.
One of the most important events of the season is the 2018 RRD One Hour Classic, a historical flagship regatta that, nearly 30 years after its creation, evolves to keep up with the new windsurfing technologies.
- From Cuba to Florida: Chasing freedom on a windsurfer
- Jamaer and Ten Hoeve challenge a Danish snowstorm
- Dunkerbeck Pro Center opens in Bonaire
- Sebastian Steudtner puts surfboard aside and goes windsurfing
- Improve your windsurfing skills at the 2018 Baja Wave Camp
- What you need to know about windsurfing in Tokyo 2020