Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 04 June 2018 | Windsurfing
Steven Van Broeckhoven claimed the 2018 EFPT Sardinia, at Porto Liscia Windsurf Club, in Italy.
The European Freestyle Pro Tour is back to the stunning shores of northern Sardinia, eight years after the last event. At the time, windsurfers were greeted with both light breezes and howling winds.
This time, and despite the shifting conditions, the thermal westerly winds allowed the completion of the event. Pro and amateur sailors delivered a fantastic show of style and creativity.
- 31 May 2018 | Windsurfing
Ricardo Santos conquered 2018 RS:X North American Windsurfing Championships in Cancun, Mexico.
The Brazilian windsurfer dominated the competition and won eight of the ten races. Santos imposed his Olympic experience over Ignacio Berenguer and Geronimo Nores.
The event attracted 57 athletes from eight countries, and they all fought for a place in the Pan-American Games and Youth Olympic Games.
- 24 May 2018 | Windsurfing
The North Shore of Fuerteventura is a magical place, and when the right wind and swell align, it produces ideal conditions for wave sailing.
Julien Taboulet is a quiet, yet busy windsurfer. He's not a social media fanatic, and he runs the Wesh Center in Leucate, so it's hard to follow some of his secret adventures.
Nevertheless, recently, he's had the time of his life in the Canary Islands. With winds of up to 40 knots and double mast-high wave sets, the French delivered a stunning wave sailing lesson.
- Vincent Langer crowned 2018 IFCA Slalom Windsurfing European champion
- Niclas Nebelung shines in the 2018 German Freestyle Battle kick-off
- Nicolas Warembourg wins the 2018 Défi Wind
- How can a windsurfer survive beatings and wipeouts?
- The story of Naomi Albrecht, the world's first female windsurfer
- Le Défi: The windsurfing and kiteboarding marathon in numbers