Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 05 May 2018 | Windsurfing
Hailed as the largest wind sports events on the planet, the Défi Wind and the Défi Kite are a sum of impressive facts and figures.
Every year, between April and May, the windy waters of Gruissan welcome thousands of windsurfers and kiteboarders for a unique, exhausting challenge.
They are all invited to face the elements along the beautiful beaches of Occitania, and complete a 40-kilometer sailing marathon.
- 01 May 2018 | Windsurfing
Tonky Frans has taken out the first event of the 2018 European Freestyle Pro Tour (EFPT).
The windsurfer from Bonaire claimed the Surf Worldcup, in Neusiedl am See, Austria, after beating Sam Esteve in an exciting super final blessed by howling southerly winds.
The 20th anniversary year of the Austrian competition brought plenty of action into the local cold waters. Esteve and Frans were probably the most in-form sailors of the entire contest and fully deserved their spots in the decisive heats.
- 27 April 2018 | Windsurfing
The inaugural 2018 eSailing World Championship will kick off on May 10.
World Sailing, the world governing bodyboard for the sport of sailing, announced that the first eSports sailing season will feature a series of challenges and live events with different levels of importance.
The digital competition will get underway at Virtual Regatta, an online platform with one million players created in 2002 by Philippe Guigné.
- Tyson Poor and Youp Schmit conquer the 2018 OBX Wind
- How freestyle windsurfing looked back in the day
- PWA World Tour introduces the Freestyle Qualifying Series
- Cobra International launches the Windsurfer LT
- Morocco celebrates windsurfing with epic wave sailing days
- Tokyo 2020 will feature 52 RS:X windsurfers