Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 01 August 2017 | Windsurfing
Israel won three of the four gold medals at stake at the ￼Techno 293 European Championship 2017, in the northwest of France. But it was a local windsurfer who claimed the most coveted title.
The future stars of Olympic windsurfing battled it out for medals in light-to-medium wind conditions throughout the week, in Lorient.
The organization was able to set 12 races in 12-to-16 knots of wind, and an M-shaped course was tested for the first time.
- 26 July 2017 | Windsurfing
Sarah-Quita Offringa secured her tenth PWA Freestyle world title, at Fuerteventura, in Spain.
The Aruban sailor conquered "La Decima" in one of the most thrilling women's finals in the history of windsurfing. Offringa beat Maaike Huvermann in a nerve-wracking showdown.
The Dutch landed shuvit spocks, konos, a culo, and a puneta, but Offringa took a deep breath and replied with a magic burner. Both windsurfers only heard the judges' decision on the beach.
- 20 July 2017 | Windsurfing
Thomas Goyard and Maëlle Guilbaud were crowned winners of the 2017 RS:One Convertible European Championships, in Penmarch, France.
The event was the first world foiling competition sanctioned and organized by the RS:One Convertible class and the International Windsurfing Association (IWA).
Up to 36 windsurfers from four continents participated in the contest, which had light winds in the 7-to-14 knots range on the final day of regattas.
- 25 most common mistakes in windsurfing
- Philip Köster makes dream return at Pozo Izquierdo
- The different types of windsurfing fins
- Antoine Albeau crowned 2017 IFCA European Slalom champion
- Michael Rossmeier releases "Tricktionary 3: Windsurfing Bible"
- Speed windsurfing world champions crowned in Fuerteventura