Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 12 June 2017 | Windsurfing
Kiran Badloe and Patricia Freitas claimed the RS:X titles at the Sailing World Cup Series final, in Santander, Spain.
The 2017 World Cup Series is over. After winning three regattas in a row, Badloe reached the medal race with a comfortable 16-point advantage over his direct opponent Louis Giard.
"I was either going to sail my own race and go for the win or cover the French guy. I had a pretty bad start, so I had to tack off, but from there I sailed my race which enabled me to be at the top of the fleet," explained Kiran Badloe.
- 06 June 2017 | Windsurfing
Vincent Langer has been crowned the 2017 Formula Windsurfing world champion, in Sylt, Germany.
It was one of the most exciting Formula Windsurfing World Championships of all time. The organizers ran 14 races, and nine sailors were able to win a race.
The event was part of the Multivan Summer Opening 2017. Four windsurfers entered the last day of competition knowing that they still had a shot at the world title: Vincent Langer, Steve Allen, Sebastian Kördel, and Alexandre Cousin.
- 05 June 2017 | Windsurfing
Morgan Noireaux has taken out the 2017 Barbados Waterman Festival, in the Caribbean waters.
The second stop on the 2017 International Windsurfing Tour (IWT) season got underway in the land of Brian "deAction" Talma, the uber active waterman and event organizer.
Despite the tricky weather conditions, the IWT team was able to conclude the competition and crown champions. The final day started with torrential rain and violent squalls but ended with sun, smiles, and waves.
- The day "Pat & Mat" went windsurfing
- Julien Bontemps foils to victory at the 2017 Défi Wind
- Albeau conquers Catalunya and enters world title race
- British windsurfer plans to sail 15,000 kilometers down Europe's Atlantic coastline
- The Wonderful Wacky World of Windsurfing
- Julien Quentel prevails in the winds of Japan