Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 27 April 2018 | Windsurfing
The inaugural 2018 eSailing World Championship will kick off on May 10.
World Sailing, the world governing bodyboard for the sport of sailing, announced that the first eSports sailing season will feature a series of challenges and live events with different levels of importance.
The digital competition will get underway at Virtual Regatta, an online platform with one million players created in 2002 by Philippe Guigné.
- 23 April 2018 | Windsurfing
The 2018 OBX Wind was a huge success. The event attracted over 200 racers and had wind nearly every day.
On the final day of competition, cold, 25-30 knot northeast winds invaded the Hatteras Island regatta field, and slalom fleet completed their last races.
Despite the cold air and water temperatures Tyson Poor imposed his experience and stole the show in the slalom category.
- 19 April 2018 | Windsurfing
Windsurfing is a relatively new sport. When it evolved from a cruising pastime to a high-performance outdoor activity, new doors opened, and freestyle windsurfing quickly became a hit.
The idea of performing exquisite, and sometimes slightly uncomfortable and unnatural tricks, started to take shape in the late 1970s, early 1980s.
Windsurfing pioneers understood that the sail pivots around the mast and that their boards could actually spin, turn, revolve and rotate. The discovery changed everything, and the water sport conquered new participants.
- PWA World Tour introduces the Freestyle Qualifying Series
- Cobra International launches the Windsurfer LT
- Morocco celebrates windsurfing with epic wave sailing days
- Tokyo 2020 will feature 52 RS:X windsurfers
- Karo van Tonder: the first female windsurfer to complete an 80-kilometer race
- The curious connection between Dire Straits and windsurfing