Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 12 November 2018 | Windsurfing
The Défi Wind concept is about to hit the Land of the Rising Sun.
The organizers of the long distance windsurfing race announced that they will launch a new event in Japan from February 28 through March 3, 2019.
The Défi Wind Japan will take place in the southwest end of the Miyako-Jima archipelago, in the Okinawa Prefecture.
- 07 November 2018 | Windsurfing
The process of building a windsurf board from scratch is a lot more complicated than shaping a surfboard.
Although there are identical stages, techniques and steps, windsurf boards feature specific parts, like the mast track and the footstraps, which require extra craftsmanship.
The windsurf board manufacturing methods and approaches vary from brand to brand, but the main stages will not differ much.
- 05 November 2018 | Windsurfing
The Windsurfer has officially been granted an International Class status.
The World Sailing (WS) Council has finally recognized the historical relevance of the Windsurfer, also known as International Windsurfer, as a pioneer windsurfing class.
The decision to re-introduce the Windsurfer was made on November 4, 2018, and puts the classic sailboard equipment where it once was.
- Luderitz Speed Challenge returns with high hopes
- What is land windsurfing?
- Marc Paré Rico triumphs at the 2018 Tiree Wave Classic
- Israel's only Olympic gold winner won't sell his medal after all
- Brian Røgild aims for 50 knots before turning 50
- A sharky windsurfing adventure in the Southern Outer Banks