Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 27 August 2018 | Windsurfing
Antoine Martin has taken out the 2018 Baja Desert Showdown, in Mexico.
The third stop on the International Windsurfing Tour saw the sailor from Guadeloupe consolidating his first place in the rankings.
Despite the tricky and varying weather and ocean played conditions, the organization found a precious window to run the pro men's final.
- 16 August 2018 | Windsurfing
The Professional Windsurfers Association (PWA) announced that the foil windsurfing will become a standalone discipline.
The new pro windsurfing division will be an autonomous entity alongside slalom, freestyle, and wave sailing.
According to the PWA World Tour officials, foiling will no longer be tied to slalom events from 2019 on. The new windsurfing discipline will also deliver the same prize money as its slalom counterpart.
- 14 August 2018 | Windsurfing
In a historic landmark decision, Oman Sail revealed the name of the young sailor who will represent the Sultanate at the 2018 Youth Olympic Games (YOG), in Argentina.
Mohammed Nabil Al Balushi will become the first ever sailor from Oman Sail to represent his country at the Youth Olympic Games, when he races in the Men's Windsurfing Techno 293+ class at the event in Buenos Aires.
The announcement - celebrated at Oman Sail's headquarters in Al Mouj Muscat - is a milestone for the organization as it approaches its 10th anniversary, marking a significant moment in its long-standing mission to secure qualification for the 2024 Olympic Games.
- Double gold medals for Netherlands at the 2018 Sailing World Championships
- 37.29 knots: Zara Davis sets a new speed sailing record
- A video essay that blends architecture, religion and windsurfing
- Gabriel Dantes writes a literary myth inspired by windsurfing
- Köster and Daida triumph at Pozo Izquierdo
- Windsurfer World Trophy crowns five new champions