Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 23 April 2018 | Windsurfing
The 2018 OBX Wind was a huge success. The event attracted over 200 racers and had wind nearly every day.
On the final day of competition, cold, 25-30 knot northeast winds invaded the Hatteras Island regatta field, and slalom fleet completed their last races.
Despite the cold air and water temperatures Tyson Poor imposed his experience and stole the show in the slalom category.
- 19 April 2018 | Windsurfing
Windsurfing is a relatively new sport. When it evolved from a cruising pastime to a high-performance outdoor activity, new doors opened, and freestyle windsurfing quickly became a hit.
The idea of performing exquisite, and sometimes slightly uncomfortable and unnatural tricks, started to take shape in the late 1970s, early 1980s.
Windsurfing pioneers understood that the sail pivots around the mast and that their boards could actually spin, turn, revolve and rotate. The discovery changed everything, and the water sport conquered new participants.
- 16 April 2018 | Windsurfing
The professional windsurfing circuit is about to revolutionize the freestyle competition.
The Professional Windsurfers Association (PWA) announced the introduction of the Freestyle Qualifying Series (FQS), in association with the European Freestyle Pro Tour (EFPT)
The new system will allow any windsurfer to make it to the 2019 PWA Freestyle World Tour, where only the top 20 sailors compete.
- Cobra International launches the Windsurfer LT
- Morocco celebrates windsurfing with epic wave sailing days
- Tokyo 2020 will feature 52 RS:X windsurfers
- Karo van Tonder: the first female windsurfer to complete an 80-kilometer race
- The curious connection between Dire Straits and windsurfing
- Circolo Surf Torbole hosts pro slalom training session