Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 12 October 2017 | Windsurfing
Foil boards are taking over the world. But could a windsurfer beat a 60-foot monohull sailing yacht down the line?
Windsurfing is evolving a lot these days, and foil systems are boosting the sport into high-speed performances never seen before; even in low wind conditions, thanks to the hydrodynamic features found in these wings.
The foil revolution, which is also taking place in surfing and kiteboarding, promises to get boardsports to a whole new level, competing directly with large watercrafts like super yachts, and racing boats.
- 09 October 2017 | Windsurfing
Three days, three French windsurfers, and three freezing cold surf spots.
Thomas Traversa, Jules Denel, and Sylvain Bourlard got on a plane and headed to the Nordic island nation of Iceland, land of spectacular volcanoes, stunning geysers, hot and massive glaciers.
In case you don't know, Iceland has fantastic wind and wave conditions, so the trio knew what they were looking for. Traversa, Denel, and Bourlard ended up sailing in three different scenarios.
- 05 October 2017 | Windsurfing
The 23-year-old windsurfer secured the fourth wave windsurfing title of his career at the 2017 Mercedes-Benz Sylt PWA Super Grand Slam, held in Germany.
The North Sea didn't disappoint, delivering the storm force winds and powerful waves needed to test the world's best wave sailing performers.
All eyes were on world title contenders Philip Köster and Victor Fernandez. If the German won the semifinal against his direct opponent, we would immediately be crowned world champion.
- Benjamin Fabres steals the show at inaugural Matanzas Wave Classic
- China rules the 2017 RS:X World Championships
- Robby Naish inducted into the National Sailing Hall of Fame
- Sarah-Quita Offringa nominated for 2017 Rolex World Sailor of the Year
- Sarah-Quita Offringa wins 14th PWA World Tour title
- Morisio and Zola raise the Italian flag in the waves of Pacasmayo