Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 11 May 2018 | Windsurfing
You don't need to be a beginner to get caught by a three-wave set or closeout wave. It happens to the best us. Here's what you should do when getting washed by waves.
In windsurfing, potentially life-threatening wipeouts are especially dangerous in wave sailing. If you're freestyling in flat waters, the risks are significantly lower.
Waves do not wait for us. They keep coming and hitting everything they encounter with no mercy at all for windsurfers.
- 07 May 2018 | Windsurfing
In 1964, a young woman named Naomi Albrecht became the first ever woman to stand up on a sailboard.
It was summer day like many others. But what was about to take place in a Wyoming Mountain lake, in Pennsylvania, would change the course of water sports forever.
Naomi Albrecht and her boyfriend, Sidney Newman Darby Jr., were testing an innovative board controlled by a simple sail. She was a canoe racer and photography student. He was a talented 36-year-old amateur inventor.
- 05 May 2018 | Windsurfing
Hailed as the largest wind sports events on the planet, the Défi Wind and the Défi Kite are a sum of impressive facts and figures.
Every year, between April and May, the windy waters of Gruissan welcome thousands of windsurfers and kiteboarders for a unique, exhausting challenge.
They are all invited to face the elements along the beautiful beaches of Occitania, and complete a 40-kilometer sailing marathon.
- Tonky Frans steals the 2018 Surf Worldcup
- World Sailing and Virtual Regatta announce the eSailing World Championship
- Tyson Poor and Youp Schmit conquer the 2018 OBX Wind
- How freestyle windsurfing looked back in the day
- PWA World Tour introduces the Freestyle Qualifying Series
- Cobra International launches the Windsurfer LT