Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 01 May 2018 | Windsurfing
Tonky Frans has taken out the first event of the 2018 European Freestyle Pro Tour (EFPT).
The windsurfer from Bonaire claimed the Surf Worldcup, in Neusiedl am See, Austria, after beating Sam Esteve in an exciting super final blessed by howling southerly winds.
The 20th anniversary year of the Austrian competition brought plenty of action into the local cold waters. Esteve and Frans were probably the most in-form sailors of the entire contest and fully deserved their spots in the decisive heats.
- 27 April 2018 | Windsurfing
The inaugural 2018 eSailing World Championship will kick off on May 10.
World Sailing, the world governing bodyboard for the sport of sailing, announced that the first eSports sailing season will feature a series of challenges and live events with different levels of importance.
The digital competition will get underway at Virtual Regatta, an online platform with one million players created in 2002 by Philippe Guigné.
- 23 April 2018 | Windsurfing
The 2018 OBX Wind was a huge success. The event attracted over 200 racers and had wind nearly every day.
On the final day of competition, cold, 25-30 knot northeast winds invaded the Hatteras Island regatta field, and slalom fleet completed their last races.
Despite the cold air and water temperatures Tyson Poor imposed his experience and stole the show in the slalom category.
- How freestyle windsurfing looked back in the day
- PWA World Tour introduces the Freestyle Qualifying Series
- Cobra International launches the Windsurfer LT
- Morocco celebrates windsurfing with epic wave sailing days
- Tokyo 2020 will feature 52 RS:X windsurfers
- Karo van Tonder: the first female windsurfer to complete an 80-kilometer race