Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 07 May 2018 | Windsurfing
In 1964, a young woman named Naomi Albrecht became the first ever woman to stand up on a sailboard.
It was summer day like many others. But what was about to take place in a Wyoming Mountain lake, in Pennsylvania, would change the course of water sports forever.
Naomi Albrecht and her boyfriend, Sidney Newman Darby Jr., were testing an innovative board controlled by a simple sail. She was a canoe racer and photography student. He was a talented 36-year-old amateur inventor.
- 05 May 2018 | Windsurfing
Hailed as the largest wind sports events on the planet, the Défi Wind and the Défi Kite are a sum of impressive facts and figures.
Every year, between April and May, the windy waters of Gruissan welcome thousands of windsurfers and kiteboarders for a unique, exhausting challenge.
They are all invited to face the elements along the beautiful beaches of Occitania, and complete a 40-kilometer sailing marathon.
- 01 May 2018 | Windsurfing
Tonky Frans has taken out the first event of the 2018 European Freestyle Pro Tour (EFPT).
The windsurfer from Bonaire claimed the Surf Worldcup, in Neusiedl am See, Austria, after beating Sam Esteve in an exciting super final blessed by howling southerly winds.
The 20th anniversary year of the Austrian competition brought plenty of action into the local cold waters. Esteve and Frans were probably the most in-form sailors of the entire contest and fully deserved their spots in the decisive heats.
- World Sailing and Virtual Regatta announce the eSailing World Championship
- Tyson Poor and Youp Schmit conquer the 2018 OBX Wind
- How freestyle windsurfing looked back in the day
- PWA World Tour introduces the Freestyle Qualifying Series
- Cobra International launches the Windsurfer LT
- Morocco celebrates windsurfing with epic wave sailing days