Skimboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 13 September 2012 | Skimboarding
Kyle Calandra has conquered the SkimBash 2012, at Sea Bright, New Jersey, USA.
After a day of rain, wind and just-for-fun heats, the pro division entered the water in wonderful weather conditions. Light breeze, sunny skies and contestable waves were the main ingredients for another classic skimboard event.
- 31 August 2012 | Skimboarding
Stinnett dominated the skimboard action at the 2012 Vilano Pro/Am, under pumping swell conditions, and secured the world title.
Hurricane Isaac brought harsh weather conditions to Vilano Beach. With 20-30mph onshore winds, amateurs and professionals gave their best to beat meteorology.
North Florida attracted many new skimboarders to the quality shore break. The shoulder-high waves of the second and third day were enough to overcome the bumpy rides.
- 21 August 2012 | Skimboarding
Austin Keen has joined the East Coast Skimboards team.
The rider from Dana Point started skimming when he was only 10. Keen's favourite spots include the Philipines and California peaks.
Austin Keen has always been considered one of the best skimboarders in the world. His unique style and skills can't be immitated easily.
Deep barrels, super high aerial flights and radical tricks on the face of the wave are some of his trademark skills.
The dreadlock skimboarder born in the Tybee Island, Georgia, will be capturing the preference of many fans worlwide.
- Blake Zimmerman wins the Chambers Creek Throwdown 2012
- Perry Pruitt claims the 2012 OBX Skim Jam
- Sam Stinnett reconquers the World Championships of Skimboarding
- Tony Hawk says skimboarding is underrated
- John Akerman wins the 2012 Sea Bright Skim Bash
- Blair Conklin storms the 2012 South Side Shootout