Skimboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 20 June 2018 | Skimboarding
Isaac Thomas owns an interesting collection of rare skimboarding DVDs. They document the evolution of the sport since the turn of the millennium.
Times have changed, and the DVDs have been replaced by an impalpable medium: YouTube. However, the spirit remains the same - Thomas is riding his board for life.
"Never Stop Skimming" is a retrospective of his long skimboarding career. The edit includes Isaac's creative flatland glides and performances in a series of well-known spots including Chambers Creek, Cypress Creek, Dash Point, Galveston, Port of Tacoma, Rollins Lake, Sacramento, Spanish Banks, and White Rock.
- 02 May 2018 | Skimboarding
The Skim USA Tour announced the full schedule for the 2018 season.
The largest competitive youth skimboarding organization in the world is setting up five events on the East Coast of the United States.
The 2018 Skim USA Tour kicks off on March 24, in Stuart Beach, Florida, and wraps up with the iconic Zap Pro/Am World Championships of Skimboarding in August.
- 12 January 2018 | Skimboarding
The full schedule for the 2018 European Skimboarding Cup (ESC) has been released.
The best flatland skimboarders of the Old Continent will compete in six European stages and three different countries. The fifth edition of the ESC continues to develop inland skimming, and get more people into the sport.
There are two new additions to the 2018 calendar. Riders will be able to compete at the Battle of the Boot and Pangea Festival, both venues located in Germany, a country with a long tradition in flatland skimboarding.
- Brad Domke gives a board transfer lesson at Cylinders
- How to get on a skimboard with the one-step drop
- Blair Conklin and Sophia Nguyen crowned 2017 United Skim Tour champions
- Sununga will crown the 2017 United Skim Tour champion
- The skimboarder who rode a tidal bore wave
- Michal Ambruszkiewicz conquers the 2017 Red Bull Skim It