Bodyboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 15 January 2018 | Bodyboarding
The Association of Professional Bodyboarders (APB) released the provisional schedule for the 2018 APB World Tour.
The professional bodyboarding circuit will once again crown champions across four division. However, the 2018 APB World Tour will not kick off with the iconic Pipeline Invitational.
For reasons that remain unclear, the world's best bodyboarders will only start the season in Tahiti's Teahupoo, in April, meaning that the competitive year will be shortened to six months.
- 08 January 2018 | Bodyboarding
Pat Caldwell broke a collarbone while enjoying the shore break waves of Sandy Beach, in Oahu, Hawaii.
The legendary bodyboarder suffered a nasty injury while helping high school Conrad Morgan with water photography in a break he knows very well. Pat won his first contest at Sandy Beach in 1978.
According to his wife JJ Caldwell, Pat could not catch his breath for a while after getting obliterated by a wave like many others he had ridden before. The shot above was taken in the wave that sent him to the hospital.
- 04 January 2018 | Bodyboarding
"Air" is the new cinematic adventure by Australian veteran Mitch Rawlins.
The 28-minute movie brought to you by Found Boards promises raw and explosive collage of never before seen wave riding scenes from the Gold Coast bodyboarding prodigy.
Rawlins has never been an active rider in social media, so we never know what he is going to do next. And although competition has not been in his plans, things are about to change.
- The 2018 ABA Tour schedule
- "Chasing the Southern Sun": a movie about Iain Campbell's lifelong dream
- The bodyboard magazines of the world
- How to prevent swim fins from giving you foot friction blisters
- Meet the Boog Mat, an inflatable bodyboard by Hubboards
- Jase Finlay claims the 2017 Shark Island Challenge