Bodyboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 10 December 2018 | Bodyboarding
In 1983, Russ Brown founded Turbo Surf Designs in Hawaii. But he also revolutionized the way bodyboards were sold to young rippers.
The man known as "Captain Turbo" was one of the first to defy Morey Boogie's monopoly. Brown introduced premium bodyboard models featuring hard PVC slicks, vinyl decks, and bold graphics.
In the mid-1980s, Russ developed a cartoon series featuring the world's first bodyboarding superhero.
- 06 December 2018 | Bodyboarding
The rocker is the original bottom curve of the bodyboard from nose to tail, as observed from a side angle.
The goal of the rocker is to adapt to the natural curvature of the waves. Traditionally, the nose and tail of both bodyboards and surfboards are slightly angled upward.
But there are limits for the amplitude of the rocker you need. You will never want a banana-shaped profile, so sometimes it's important to fix it, i.e., reduce or simply eliminate the overall curve of the board.
- 03 December 2018 | Bodyboarding
Maxime Castillo conquered the 20th-anniversary edition of the European Tour of Bodyboard (ETB).
The French bodyboarder secured his first ever European bodyboarding title in Agadir, Morocco, during the last event of the ETB series.
Castillo finished the Morocco Bodyboard Pro in the runner-up position, but it was enough to conclude the season in first place.
- Amaury Lavernhe wins 2018 Quemao Class
- Morey Boogie Bodyboards Presents: Bodyboarding on the Edge
- Sócrates Santana crowned 2018 Brazilian bodyboarding champion
- APB North America is full steam ahead for 2019
- The 7 best bodyboarding spots in the North of Portugal
- Australian bodyboarding trio find heaven in Sumatra