Discover the health benefits of drinking water. Learn why water is not only the perfect drink but also the ultimate nutrient.
Drink it in the morning, in the afternoon, or minutes before you go to sleep. Just drink it. Water is the best energy drink.
It represents essence, simplicity, and purity but is also the primary component of the human body.
You may survive a week without food, but after three days without water, your body will succumb to dehydration.
Ideally, you should always carry a bottle of water wherever you go.
We tend to drink water when we're thirsty, but the truth is that we should do it on a regular basis throughout the day, even knowing that water is present in nearly everything we eat.
Unfortunately, water is only the second most popular drink on the planet, behind soft drinks.
Just observe how many people drink water in a shopping mall's food court, and you will be shocked by the results.
Two liters of water per day will ensure your body is ready to battle the most common adversities: extreme temperatures, diseases, pollution, etc.
Some studies add that alkaline water - water with a pH above 7 - can help lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels and improve digestion.
Water Is Life
Surfers spend a lot of time in the ocean and, in many cases, under the extreme heat of the sun.
The warm temperatures associated with constant muscle activity demand high levels of water intake.
The transparent fluid, also known as H2O, is a health bomb.
Here's why drinking water will help you become a stronger surfer:
- Water maintains the balance of body fluids: Our body is composed of 58-to-75 percent water. Drinking water will help our body manage multiple activities, including saliva creation, blood circulation, body temperature, and excretion;
- Water controls calories: Drinking water has always been part of all diets. Water-rich vegetables, fruits, and soups will also help you feel full and fed;
- Water powers muscles: Human muscles need fluids to work properly. That is why drinking water is common practice among athletes that are about to exercise;
- Water is good for your skin: Water works as an efficient shield for your skin;
- Water is an essential "oil" for your kidneys: Your body's main filtering system needs water to segregate toxins adequately. If you don't drink enough water, you may develop kidney stones;
- Water helps digestion: Fluids are your bowel's best friend;
- Water is a lubricant: It will regulate the activity of joints and articulations;
- Water helps in decision-making: If your brain is fully hydrated, it will process faster responses to external stimuli, and it will keep you focused for longer periods;
- Water prevents cramps: Drinking H2O will replenish minerals, and your muscles will get enough fluids to perform;
- Water controls the body temperature: If your body is too warm, you'll need water to sweat. If your body is too cold, you need that "warm water" that is exhaled through breathing;
Learn how to prepare a healthy pre-surf meal.