Wakeboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 13 September 2016 | Wakeboarding
The World Wakeboard Association (WWA) has announced it will change its name to World Wake Association.
The subtle modification aims to represent all wake sports better, and not just wakeboarding. The new World Wake Association designation will take effect for the 2017 season.
"Former board member of the WWA, Matt Hickman, suggested this name change a few years ago, but the timing did not seem right even though I always knew this would eventually take place," explained Shannon Starling, president of the WWA.
- 30 August 2016 | Wakeboarding
Daniel Grant has smashed the Wake The Line 2016, at Cologne, Germany.
The event showcased 24 of the best wakeboarders and wakeskaters on the planet in front of a sold-out arena with more than 10,000 screaming fans.
The spectacular venue designed and built by UNIT Parktech featured multiple obstacles and invited riders to add creativity to their runs. There were incline boxes and a truck with a bottle on top.
- 08 August 2016 | Wakeboarding
Mike Dowdy has been crowned the 2016 Supra Boats Pro Wakeboard Tour (PWT) champion.
The rider from Pinckney, Michigan, was third in the final stage of the longest-running professional circuit in wakeboarding held in Precedent Office Park, Indianapolis. "Dirty" Dowdy took out three of the five PWT contests.
The finals were tense - Mike Dowdy and Tony Iacconi only had five points separating them in the overall rankings, so any mistake would cost the season's title.
- Who will stop Mike Dowdy in the Pro Wakeboard Tour 2016?
- Raph Derome triumphs in the 2016 Malibu Sparks Pro
- Dream run for Tony Iacconi at Lake Norman
- Cory Teunissen steals the show in Castelo de Bode
- Third victory for Daniel Grant at the Red Bull Wake of Steel
- Mike Dowdy: "My biggest competitor will be myself"