Wakeboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 02 November 2016 | Wakeboarding
The planet's best wakeboarders and wakeskaters will fight for the world titles at Acuaski Action Park, in Mexico, from November 4th-12th, 2016.
The Cable Wakeboard World Championships of the International Waterski & Wakeboard Federation (IWWF) are run every two years and will take place at Tequesquitengo, in the Mexican state of Morelos, and thus held in the PANAM Confederation for the first time.
The strong field features 200 riders from 25 nations, including top-ranked athletes such as Lior Sofer, Timo Kapl, Miles Töller, Julia Rick, Philipp Turba, San Im, Ariano Blanik, and Victoria Sosulina. The event will be streamed live via webcast.
- 26 October 2016 | Wakeboarding
Three wakeboarders have created a wakeboarding park in Pula, Croatia, using shipping containers.
Dominik Gührs, Felix Georgii, and Dominik Hernler used a crane to lift the shipping containers and place them in a 360-degree floating course.
The Water Crane project allows wakeboarders to enjoy multiple XXL obstacles in Uljanik Pula Wharf. The trio also created a flying obstacle, which they initially struggled to master but became central to their riding.
- 12 October 2016 | Wakeboarding
Massi Piffaretti and Nicola Butler conquered the 2016 Malibu Punta Cana Pro, in the Dominican Republic.
The last event of the Malibu Evolution Pro Series and Wakeboard World Series (WBWS) determined the season champions in choppy, hurricane-affected waters.
There was a lot at stake in the Pro Men's final, but the Italian wakeboarder was too strong and won the first WBWS event of his career.
- Slingshot launches a new foil wakeboard
- The WWA announces name change to reflect all wake sports
- Daniel Grant storms the Wake The Line 2016
- Mike Dowdy is the 2016 Supra Boats Pro Wakeboard Tour champion
- Who will stop Mike Dowdy in the Pro Wakeboard Tour 2016?
- Raph Derome triumphs in the 2016 Malibu Sparks Pro