Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 15 August 2017 | Windsurfing
Classical tenor Andrea Bocelli spent his summer holidays windsurfing in Elba Island, in Italy.
The singer is blind since the age of 12, but he has always been quite active when it comes to sports. Bocelli enjoys rollerblading, skiing, and horseback riding.
This time, the man who sold more than 80 million records decided to give windsurfing a go in the warm waters of the Mediterranean Sea.
- 10 August 2017 | Windsurfing
The vulcan is a fundamental maneuver in modern freestyle windsurfing. After mastering it, you'll be ready to learn many new moves.
The history of windsurfing tells us that the vulcan, invented in the 1990s by Josh Stone, is the trick that paved the way for the freestyle revolution.
In other words, the vulcan is nothing more than a maneuver in which you jump, turn the board 180 degrees, get around to the other side of the boom, slide backward and stop.
- 08 August 2017 | Windsurfing
Do you need inspiration to leave the couch and go windsurfing? Meet Helga, the 81-year-old windsurfer with plenty of reasons to ride her gear.
"I started windsurfing at the age of 42, but only took it seriously when I was 50, explains the German veteran windsurfer.
Today, Helga is an accomplished windsurfer. She is familiar with the beach start, and she uses the harness when the wind blows stronger. Helga windsurfs effortlessly.
- Adam Holm crowned 2017 Kona One world champion
- Fabien Pianazza crowned Techno 293 European champion
- Sarah-Quita Offringa wins her 10th PWA Freestyle world title
- First RS:One Convertible European champions crowned in Penmarch
- 25 most common mistakes in windsurfing
- Philip Köster makes dream return at Pozo Izquierdo