Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 25 March 2018 | Windsurfing
The Circolo Surf Torbole will once again organize a professional slalom windsurf training during April.
All athletes will have the opportunity to train and fine-tune their gear before the first PWA World Tour event scheduled for May 2018.
All windsurfing enthusiasts are welcome to join the training sessions, and the club will provide storage for the equipment.
- 19 March 2018 | Windsurfing
The flaka is one of the most popular jumping maneuvers in freestyle windsurfing.
American windsurfer Web Pedrick was the first to perform the aerial windward 360 trick. Initially, he named it "The Swayze," in honor of Patrick Swayze, but the designation evolved to flaka.
A flaka is a flat water taka. Although it is seen as a quite unnatural move because it forces the sailor to jump forward, and stick the nose of the board slightly under water, it is also a gracious maneuver.
- 14 March 2018 | Windsurfing
An 18-year-old windsurfer from Germany launched a website where windsurfers can easily filter and search boards and sails from every brand in the industry.
Windsurfstuff.com aggregates over 100 boards and 100 sails from 22 windsurfing companies. Whether you're a beginner, intermediate or advanced windsurfer, you can get exactly what you need.
"I created this site from a windsurfer's perspective. I believe that the quality of the products varies little from brand to brand, and new brands are continuously searching their way into the market," explains Jannis Rohden, founder of Windsurfstuff.com.
- Foiling added to the 2018 One Hour Classic
- From Cuba to Florida: Chasing freedom on a windsurfer
- Jamaer and Ten Hoeve challenge a Danish snowstorm
- Dunkerbeck Pro Center opens in Bonaire
- Sebastian Steudtner puts surfboard aside and goes windsurfing
- Improve your windsurfing skills at the 2018 Baja Wave Camp