Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 21 August 2017 | Windsurfing
Reading the wind and putting it into words can be especially confusing. Learn how to convert wind directions in degrees to compass directions, and check out their corresponding official abbreviations.
How do you read wind direction? Which direction is SSW? Which direction is 0 degrees - north or south? All you need is a Rose of the Winds and a good memory.
The first thing we need to know is that wind direction is reported as the orientation from where the wind is blowing. For instance, if it's coming out of the southeast and blowing towards the northwest, it is a southeast wind.
- 17 August 2017 | Windsurfing
Windfinder, an online wind and wave forecast service, announced the introduction of interactive weather maps on its website and mobile apps.
The company headquartered in Kiel, Germany, wants to make it easy for users to check wind direction, wind speed, and air temperature, and other weather variables in their favorite spots.
With the new intuitive presentation, which finds the windiest and best locations for sailing, windsurfing, kitesurfing and surfing, Windfinder will directly compete with online marine forecast solutions like Windy.com.
- 15 August 2017 | Windsurfing
Classical tenor Andrea Bocelli spent his summer holidays windsurfing in Elba Island, in Italy.
The singer is blind since the age of 12, but he has always been quite active when it comes to sports. Bocelli enjoys rollerblading, skiing, and horseback riding.
This time, the man who sold more than 80 million records decided to give windsurfing a go in the warm waters of the Mediterranean Sea.
- How to do a vulcan in windsurfing
- Helga, the 81-year-old windsurfer who rejects coffee parties
- Adam Holm crowned 2017 Kona One world champion
- Fabien Pianazza crowned Techno 293 European champion
- Sarah-Quita Offringa wins her 10th PWA Freestyle world title
- First RS:One Convertible European champions crowned in Penmarch