Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 06 June 2018 | Windsurfing
The Windsurf Project is an ambitious film series that aims to document the most radical and perfect windsurfing from around the globe.
During the 2017/2018 winter season, French windsurfer Thomas Traversa focused his efforts on tracking every storm in Europe. His agenda led him to the notorious Portuguese big wave break of Nazaré.
"Nazaré, right now, is definitely one of the top spots for big waves in the world. It is one of the scariest waves, and it was intimidating to sail it," notes Traversa former PWA World Tour champion, and winner of the Red Bull Storm Chase.
- 04 June 2018 | Windsurfing
Steven Van Broeckhoven claimed the 2018 EFPT Sardinia, at Porto Liscia Windsurf Club, in Italy.
The European Freestyle Pro Tour is back to the stunning shores of northern Sardinia, eight years after the last event. At the time, windsurfers were greeted with both light breezes and howling winds.
This time, and despite the shifting conditions, the thermal westerly winds allowed the completion of the event. Pro and amateur sailors delivered a fantastic show of style and creativity.
- 31 May 2018 | Windsurfing
Ricardo Santos conquered 2018 RS:X North American Windsurfing Championships in Cancun, Mexico.
The Brazilian windsurfer dominated the competition and won eight of the ten races. Santos imposed his Olympic experience over Ignacio Berenguer and Geronimo Nores.
The event attracted 57 athletes from eight countries, and they all fought for a place in the Pan-American Games and Youth Olympic Games.
- Julien Taboulet storms the North Shore of Fuerteventura
- Vincent Langer crowned 2018 IFCA Slalom Windsurfing European champion
- Niclas Nebelung shines in the 2018 German Freestyle Battle kick-off
- Nicolas Warembourg wins the 2018 Défi Wind
- How can a windsurfer survive beatings and wipeouts?
- The story of Naomi Albrecht, the world's first female windsurfer