Bodyboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 13 December 2018 | Bodyboarding
Oh, Hawaii... The archipelago of perfect waves, volcanic backgrounds, and beautiful people.
There have been thousands of surf videos shot in the islands of Aloha, but there's always room for another one. This time, "Hawaii" is a boogie thing.
Michael Novy, Joe Clarke, and Jones Russell booked a ticket to the ultimate surfing destination and made sure to tick all the infamous boxes of the North Shore of Oahu during the last winter season.
- 11 December 2018 | Bodyboarding
Joana Schenker has definitely enjoyed her year as world bodyboarding champion.
The 2017 APB World Tour queen continued on her quest to push the limits of women's bodyboarding, whether by fighting for a second world title, or free surfing her favorite breaks.
Schenker's end-of-year reel reveals an in-form rider landing ARS moves and getting barreled in Zavial, a beach break located near her hometown of Sagres.
- 10 December 2018 | Bodyboarding
In 1983, Russ Brown founded Turbo Surf Designs in Hawaii. But he also revolutionized the way bodyboards were sold to young rippers.
The man known as "Captain Turbo" was one of the first to defy Morey Boogie's monopoly. Brown introduced premium bodyboard models featuring hard PVC slicks, vinyl decks, and bold graphics.
In the mid-1980s, Russ developed a cartoon series featuring the world's first bodyboarding superhero.
- How to reduce or remove the rocker of a bodyboard
- Maxime Castillo sweeps 2018 European Tour of Bodyboard title
- Amaury Lavernhe wins 2018 Quemao Class
- Morey Boogie Bodyboards Presents: Bodyboarding on the Edge
- Sócrates Santana crowned 2018 Brazilian bodyboarding champion
- APB North America is full steam ahead for 2019