Surf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 13 September 2018 | Surfing
Here's why John John Florence could be the world's best free surfer right now.
There are not many people capable of pulling off a late take-off straight into the barrel. John John is one of them. And if you've been missing him in top shape, then watch this "Space."
With his impeccable bottom turns, ultra-fast rides down the line, graceful aerial acrobatics, and flawless tube riding skills, Florence is making surf videos great again.
- 12 September 2018 | Surfing
Teahupoo is one of the deadliest waves on the planet. It can give you the ride of a lifetime, or it can kill you.
Known not for its height, but for its weight and thickness, the liquid gem of Tahiti is often compared to a mutant species that can only be tamed by fearless, experienced athletes.
Teahupoo's reputation has never ceased to grow. For many big wave surfers, it represents the ultimate testing ground; the place that truly embodies the feeling of fear and panic.
- 11 September 2018 | Surfing
Rip Curl announced the launch of the Search GPS Series 2 surf watch.
The Search GPS 2 is smaller, lighter and more durable than its predecessor, and comes with new features like real-time conditions, and GPS tracking for new sports like snowboarding and skiing, running and swimming.
With a compact design, the new wave forecasting watch by Rip Curl promises to track every wave, swell, wind and tide thanks to its partnership with Surfline.
- Gabriel Medina and Carissa Moore win inaugural Surf Ranch Pro
- Surf rage incident shocks Lennox Head
- The 2019 World Surf League calendar
- World Surf League adopts equal prize money for men and women
- ISA wants surfing in the Los Angeles 2028 Olympic Games
- 10 reasons why surfing is a spectator-friendly sport