Surf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 23 October 2018 | Surfing
Today, everyone (and apparently everything) is taking up surfing. Ladies and gentlemen: meet the Renault F1 surfer car.
Formula One is the fastest single-seat racing car class in the world. These high-tech machines accelerate to 100 km/h (62 km/h) in six seconds.
An F1 car reaches speeds of up to 224 miles per hour (360 kilometers per hour) on asphalt and weighs approximately 1610 pounds (730 kilograms), excluding fuel and driver.
- 22 October 2018 | Surfing
Once again, the world surfing title will be decided in the last event of the season.
The 2018 World Surf League (WSL) Championship Tour title will be discussed in the mother of all waves - Banzai Pipeline.
After failing to win the Rip Curl Pro Portugal, Gabriel Medina will be under pressure in Hawaiian waters.
- 20 October 2018 | Surfing
Italo Ferreira has won the 2018 MEO Rip Curl Pro Portugal, in Peniche.
Stop No. 10 of 11 on the World Surf League (WSL) Championship Tour (CT), over Joan Duru in a Final held in clean three-to-four foot surf at the iconic Supertubos beach break.
Tens of thousands of fans flocked the beach and dunes of Supertubos to support the athletes and enjoy high-performance surfing at one of Europe's finest surfing spots. The electric vibe peaked every time surfers took their act to the air and fans lit up in loud cheers.
- Surfing through the eyes and mind of Timothy Leary, the guru of LSD
- How surfing can help prevent suicide
- Only Gabriel Medina can clinch the world title at Supertubos
- CDC detects brain-eating amoeba in BSR Cable Park, but not in Surf Resort
- Dry Wave creates surf outside the water
- Julian Wilson conquers 2018 Quiksilver Pro France