António Silva tests the power of Galician slab

October 31, 2013 | Surfing
Axis Point and Elis: the power of Galicia

The autonomous community of Galicia, in Spain, pumped massive giants of salted water, on the 27th October.

António Silva, the Portuguese wave rider who has been surfing with Garrett McNamara and Andrew Cotton in Nazaré, has traveled to Galicia, in the Northwest of Spain, to surf a deadly slab, in XXL conditions.

Despite the steepness of the wave, Silva managed to score a few bombs, towed into them by Ramon Laureano. Welcome to Axis Point and Elis, two big wave spots with Spanish accent located in the Coast of Death.

The dangerous surf session attracted Ricardo Faustino, Axi Muniain, Alex Uranga, Cesar Sanchez, Bruno and Cobas Novoa. Only 10% of the waves could be surfed because the remaining 90% were scary close-outs.

Axis Point and Elis remind us of the power of Shipstern Bluff, the life-threatening slab located in Tasmania, and it also tells us that Galicia has the potential to hold big wave surfing competitions. uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn more on our About section.