Wakeboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 12 October 2016 | Wakeboarding
Massi Piffaretti and Nicola Butler conquered the 2016 Malibu Punta Cana Pro, in the Dominican Republic.
The last event of the Malibu Evolution Pro Series and Wakeboard World Series (WBWS) determined the season champions in choppy, hurricane-affected waters.
There was a lot at stake in the Pro Men's final, but the Italian wakeboarder was too strong and won the first WBWS event of his career.
- 16 September 2016 | Wakeboarding
Slingshot Sports announced the launch of the Wakefoiler, a foil wakeboard.
The watersports company unveiled its new addition to the wake lineup at the 2016 Surf Expo. This new breed of behind-the-boat toy offers riders an entirely new sensation and challenge on the water.
One of the best parts of the Wakefoiler is that you can ride it behind just about anything, from a personal watercraft to a pontoon, to a crusty old fishing boat.
- 13 September 2016 | Wakeboarding
The World Wakeboard Association (WWA) has announced it will change its name to World Wake Association.
The subtle modification aims to represent all wake sports better, and not just wakeboarding. The new World Wake Association designation will take effect for the 2017 season.
"Former board member of the WWA, Matt Hickman, suggested this name change a few years ago, but the timing did not seem right even though I always knew this would eventually take place," explained Shannon Starling, president of the WWA.
- Daniel Grant storms the Wake The Line 2016
- Mike Dowdy is the 2016 Supra Boats Pro Wakeboard Tour champion
- Who will stop Mike Dowdy in the Pro Wakeboard Tour 2016?
- Raph Derome triumphs in the 2016 Malibu Sparks Pro
- Dream run for Tony Iacconi at Lake Norman
- Cory Teunissen steals the show in Castelo de Bode