Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 19 April 2018 | Windsurfing
Windsurfing is a relatively new sport. When it evolved from a cruising pastime to a high-performance outdoor activity, new doors opened, and freestyle windsurfing quickly became a hit.
The idea of performing exquisite, and sometimes slightly uncomfortable and unnatural tricks, started to take shape in the late 1970s, early 1980s.
Windsurfing pioneers understood that the sail pivots around the mast and that their boards could actually spin, turn, revolve and rotate. The discovery changed everything, and the water sport conquered new participants.
- 16 April 2018 | Windsurfing
The professional windsurfing circuit is about to revolutionize the freestyle competition.
The Professional Windsurfers Association (PWA) announced the introduction of the Freestyle Qualifying Series (FQS), in association with the European Freestyle Pro Tour (EFPT)
The new system will allow any windsurfer to make it to the 2019 PWA Freestyle World Tour, where only the top 20 sailors compete.
- 13 April 2018 | Windsurfing
The world's largest OEM manufacturers of composite equipment for the water sports industry announced the launch of the Windsurfer LT.
Cobra International, a Thailand-based company that produces gear for windsurfing, kitesurfing, surfing, and stand-up paddleboarding (SUP), developed a new windsurf board that hopes to take the sport back to its roots.
The creation of the Windsurfer LT has been supervised by former Olympic windsurfer Bruce Wylie, and by the Windsurfer Class Association, who is celebrating its 50th anniversary.
- Morocco celebrates windsurfing with epic wave sailing days
- Tokyo 2020 will feature 52 RS:X windsurfers
- Karo van Tonder: the first female windsurfer to complete an 80-kilometer race
- The curious connection between Dire Straits and windsurfing
- Circolo Surf Torbole hosts pro slalom training session
- How to do a flaka into flaka (double flaka)