Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 12 June 2018 | Windsurfing
Boujmaa Guilloul conquered the 2018 Pistol River Wave Bash, in Oregon.
The second stop on the International Windsurfing Tour (IWT) season attracted sailors from a dozen countries flocked to Gold Beach for yet another splendid contest.
The entire fleet took time to pay tribute to a fallen IWT campaigner, Attila Tivadar, who lost a battle against melanoma. He was a genuine and kind person, and will forever be remembered by his friends.
- 07 June 2018 | Windsurfing
Sailboarding and windsurfing: why are there different names for a single the same sport?
In 1964, S. Newman Darby not only invented the sailboard, but he also opened the way to a new wind and water sport - windsurfing.
Sailboarding is the original term used for describing the outdoor activity in which someone stands up on a board that is connected to a mast and sail.
- 06 June 2018 | Windsurfing
The Windsurf Project is an ambitious film series that aims to document the most radical and perfect windsurfing from around the globe.
During the 2017/2018 winter season, French windsurfer Thomas Traversa focused his efforts on tracking every storm in Europe. His agenda led him to the notorious Portuguese big wave break of Nazaré.
"Nazaré, right now, is definitely one of the top spots for big waves in the world. It is one of the scariest waves, and it was intimidating to sail it," notes Traversa former PWA World Tour champion, and winner of the Red Bull Storm Chase.
- Steven Van Broeckhoven blasts the 2018 EFPT Sardinia
- Ricardo Santos triumphs at the 2018 North American Windsurfing Championships
- Julien Taboulet storms the North Shore of Fuerteventura
- Vincent Langer crowned 2018 IFCA Slalom Windsurfing European champion
- Niclas Nebelung shines in the 2018 German Freestyle Battle kick-off
- Nicolas Warembourg wins the 2018 Défi Wind