Windsurf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 03 July 2018 | Windsurfing
Martini, the bearer of Circolo Surf Torbole, was able to sail 19 laps in one hour and 31 seconds, with an average speed of over 50 km/h.
It was an epic day on Lake Garda. The spot was blessed with a 25-knot south wind with peaks of up to 30-35 knots. For many, it was the most beautiful One Hour Classic ever.
Bruno Martini, the athlete from Circolo Surf Torbole, broke the record. It was a perfect end to the RRD One Hour Classic, one of the most famous and historical regattas in Torbole, held on the windsurfing mecca of Lake Garda, in Italy.
- 02 July 2018 | Windsurfing
João Rodrigues and Aleksandra Blinnikka have been crowned 2018 Raceboard world champions in Blanes, Spain.
The popular windsurfing class gathered a total 73 sailors from 13 countries in the warm waters of Catalonia. The event was hosted by Club Vela Blanes.
The windsurfer from the Portuguese island of Madeira clinched the world title after winning six of the 10 regatta races.
- 28 June 2018 | Windsurfing
Learning to windsurf is a relatively quick mission. Depending on your dedication and weather condition, yes, you may start windsurfing on single a weekend.
Ideally, you should book a few windsurfing lessons. Certified instructors will make sure you progress safely and steadily.
However, if you decide to learn how to windsurf by yourself, make sure you find a closed body of water or calm beach to kick off your first experiences.
- Nicolas Warembourg wins the 2018 Défi Wind Caribbean
- Boards & More splits from North Sails, Duotone is born
- Boujmaa Guilloul sails to victory at the 2018 Pistol River Wave Bash
- What is the difference between sailboarding and windsurfing?
- The Windsurf Project kicks off in Nazaré
- Steven Van Broeckhoven blasts the 2018 EFPT Sardinia