Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 15 November 2017 | Kiteboarding
Alexandre Caizergues has broken his own world speed kiteboarding record.
The French kitesurfer sailed at 57.97 knots (107.36 km/h) over 500 meters during the 2017 Salt and Speed, a speed sailing event held in Salin-de-Giraud, France.
Caizergues, who had set a new world record in 2013 with 56.62 knots (104.86 km/h), improved his own mark by 1.35 knots (2.5 km/h).
- 14 November 2017 | Kiteboarding
Kiteboarding is a multidisciplinary wind sport that can be practiced almost everywhere. Discover the different "types" of kiteboarding.
The sport of kiteboarding combines the characteristics of several action sports, including surfing, windsurfing, wakeboarding, skateboarding, paragliding and sailing.
And because riders are propelled by kite wings, they may execute tricks and maneuvers in a wide variety of wind-affected environments, either in the water or on solid ground.
- 09 November 2017 | Kiteboarding
A Portuguese kitesurfer rode the humongous walls of water during the infamous November 8, 2017, session at Praia do Norte, in Nazaré, Portugal.
Nuno "Stru" Figueiredo, a 40-year-old kitesurfer from Porto, defied the giant waves of Nazaré riding a four-meter kite in a crowded lineup dominated by surfboards and jet skis.
Because waves were breaking in a slightly southern direction, and the wind was blowing from the north, Nuno had to carefully analyze each wave, its potential, and the best take-off spot.
- Jinne Boer is the Man of the Dam 2017
- Kitesurfing pioneers: the story of Mike Waltze
- Kitesurfing pioneers: the story of Don Montague
- Kitesurfing pioneers: the story of Laird Hamilton
- Co-inventor of kitesurfing reveals his side of the story
- Windmills and waterways: Kevin Langeree gets creative in Netherlands