Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 15 October 2018 | Kiteboarding
Deury Corniel and Sofia Tomasoni became the first ever kiteboarders to win gold medals at the 2018 Youth Olympic Games, in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Kiteboarding made a successful Olympic debut with a slalom/boardercross style competition on twin-tip racing equipment.
The winner-takes-all finals got underway at Club Náutico San Isidro and offered no shortage of drama in both men's and women's divisions.
- 05 October 2018 | Kiteboarding
Is the wind already waving flags? Are you feeling a breeze on your face? How do you know there's enough wind to launch a kite?
Minimum wind speed is one of kiteboarding's classic dilemmas. One thing is certain: a windless day is for kitesurfing what a flat ocean is for a surfer.
So, what's the minimum wind speed you need to launch a kite, have fun for a couple of hours, and then land it safely on the beach?
- 04 October 2018 | Kiteboarding
Daniela Moroz is one of the five female sailors nominated for the Rolex World Sailor of the Year 2018 awards.
The American kiteboarder has been shortlisted alongside Caterina Banti (2018 Nacra 17 world champion), Carolijn Brouwer and Marie Riou (Volvo Ocean Race winners), and Wendy Tuck (Clipper Round the World Race winning skipper).
Moroz stormed the 2018 Formula Kiteboarding World Championship in Aarhus, Denmark. She won 14 of the 15 races sailed, and claimed the gold medal for the third consecutive time.
- The 2019 Kite-Surf World Tour and Air Games schedule
- The man who went kitesurfing during Hurricane Florence
- A cold water kiteboarding experience in Lewis and Harris
- World Kiteboarding Championships kicked off with a bang
- Is kiteboarding a dangerous water sport?
- A kite trip to Zanzibar with Paula Novotna