Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 31 July 2018 | Kiteboarding
Airton Cozzolino is pushing big air kiteboarding forward so fast that his opponents can't even get close to his flow of new tricks and hang time.
The 2018 GKA Air Games Sotavento will go down as one of the greatest big air events of all time, not only for the competitive side of it but also for what Cozzolino did.
The truth is that he's riding bigger kites, and he makes it look easy.
- 30 July 2018 | Kiteboarding
Florian Gruber and Sofia Tomasoni have claimed the 2018 TwinTip: Racing (TT:R) World Championships, in Gizzeria, Italy.
After a faltering start, the local kite star, Tomasoni, was able to keep her composure and put an exclamation mark on the last day of races. It's her first world title as a senior rider.
"I have no words to explain what just happened in the past five days. This is where I learned to kite. This is where my family is. I managed to change my mindset. I'm stoked!" expressed Sofia Tomasoni, who had already won the TT:R youth world title in the past.
- 26 July 2018 | Kiteboarding
Xantos Villegas, a 32-year-old kitesurfer from Mexico, climbed the podium to accept the gold medal at the 2018 Central American and Caribbean Games held in Barranquilla, Columbia.
This is the first time the Formula Kite class is included in the regional games of an Olympic cycle and represents a historic moment for the sport.
The gold was secured after Xantos won first place in fourteen out of the fifteen races over the course of four days. The wind conditions were strong, blowing at 19-25 knots per day, while the protected bay provided flat waters.
- Mario and Sol steal the show in Cabarete
- North Kiteboarding will continue as a brand
- How to choose a kiteboarding harness
- Guy Bridge and Daniela Moroz crowned 2018 Formula Kite European champions
- 14-year-old kiteboarder crosses the English Channel
- Jesse Richman flies higher at the inaugural Air Games event