Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 07 January 2019 | Kiteboarding
Because changes in professional kiteboarding are a must, here's another one.
The Global Kitesports Association (GKA) will be the umbrella for the upcoming wave and strapless freestyle, and freestyle kiteboarding world tours.
According to GKA, the former World Kiteboarding Championships (WKC) will be dropped, and the home of the freestylers and wave kitesurfers will be one.
- 03 January 2019 | Kiteboarding
Maarten Haeger became the first kiteboarder to record a 30-meter plus jump on a tracking sensor.
The rider from the Netherlands crushed the world record by flying 32 meters (104.9 feet) high in the skies of Misty Cliffs, in Cape Town, South Africa.
The wind was blowing in the 40-to-48-knot range, and the 17-year-old improved the previous record set at 29.6 meters (97.1 feet) by Gijs Wassenaar.
- 31 December 2018 | Kiteboarding
Beach, mountains, nature, waterfalls, wilderness and a mecca for kitesurfers. You can find it all on one island: the scenic Mindoro, in the Philippines.
After landing on Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport, we change terminal and fly for another 45 minutes from Manila to Mindoro's San Jose with Cebu Pacific, then get into the taxi and head full speed to Bulalacao.
It is not the final destination yet, but from that little harbor town, it is a pleasant drive through bamboo forests, banana and melon plantation, that gets us through rice fields and locals waving, and sharing big smiles at the roadside.
- Airton Cozzolino crowned 2018 GKA Kite-Surf World Tour champion
- Thomas De Wispelaere jumps over The Belgium Pier in Blankenberge
- Brandon Scheid and Karolina Winkowska crowned 2018 Kite Park League champions
- The official roster for the 2019 Red Bull King of the Air
- Guy Bridge sets new speed record at 2018 Red Bull Lighthouse to Leighton
- How to fly a single-line kite