Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 07 September 2018 | Kiteboarding
It is one the oldest assertions ever made about the sport: if you ride a kite, you can get yourself killed. But how true is that? Is it a preconceived idea or kiteboarding will, sooner or later, injure you?
In 2012, Amit Inbar, an Israeli windsurfer stated that "kiteboarding is ten times more dangerous than windsurfing."
Both sports were fighting for a spot in the Olympic program, and the discussions between both sides of the barricade were slightly heated up.
- 31 August 2018 | Kiteboarding
Pro kiteboarder Paula Novotna joined photographer Laci Kobulsky on a kite trip to the archipelago of Zanzibar, a semi-autonomous region of Tanzania. This is their story.
A lot of active kiteboarders have heard rumors or stories about paradise in Zanzibar, so when we had the chance to hop on the plane and explore this area together, we did not hesitate a minute.
We were hosted by Dim - the man who pioneered kiteboarding in the region - at his Kite Centre Zanzibar and were pleasantly surprised by the rich offer of local activities and experiences.
- 28 August 2018 | Kiteboarding
Carlos Mario and Mikaili Sol have been crowned 2018 GKA Kiteboarding World Tour champions, in Fehmarn, Germany.
The inaugural edition of the Air Games is over, and the Brazilians have reasons to celebrate. At the end of the season, Mario and Sol have raised the green-and-yellow flag.
The cold German waters ended up deciding the world champion in a winner-takes-it-all season showdown.
- Rob Douglas secures third Kite Speed world title
- The kite harness size chart
- IFKO accuses the International Olympic Committee of abuse of dominant position
- Freestylers get ready for the 2018 World Kiteboarding Championships
- Pat Goodman will design kites for North Kiteboarding
- 19 seconds of hang time: Airton Cozzolino sets a new strapless record