Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 11 June 2018 | Kiteboarding
Brandon Scheid and Karolina Winkowska have taken out the 2018 Triple-S Invitational, at Cape Hatteras, in North Carolina.
It's been hailed as the most prestigious wake-style kiteboarding contest on the planet and, this year, the Triple-S Invitational got underway in all wind directions.
Once again, 34 riders put their skills to test and attacked the two kickers, 82-foot A-frame, 56-ft rooftop rail and 45-ft reverse rainbow on offer.
- 04 June 2018 | Kiteboarding
A kitesurfer lost his life at Crown Memorial State Beach, in Alameda, California.
Alameda firefighters received a call at 4:25 pm for a kitesurfer in distress. A 73-year-old general surgeon was found in the water unresponsive and facing down by bystanders and fellow kite riders.
They dragged him to the beach and performed CPR, although there was no sign of life from the man, who had been flying his kite at San Francisco Bay.
- 30 May 2018 | Kiteboarding
The Women's Kiteboarding Collective (WKC) launched a short film that celebrates the 14 female kitesurfers who range in age from 65 to 76.
"Life with a kite is damn near perfection." The words are from Betsy, a 69-year-old kiteboarder from Baja California Sur. She is one of the many senior riders flying kites around the world.
Contrary to the usual stereotypes of older women, these girls are skilled, experienced and accomplished kiters.
- Italian rider dies in tragic kite accident in Porto Seguro
- The challenges of kiteboarding as an Olympic sport
- Danny Barnette goes puddle jumping in the Outer Banks
- Ozone unveils its Click-In Loop quick release system
- World Sailing confirms kiteboarding in the Paris 2024 Olympic Games
- Deury Corniel and Nina Font Castells crowned 2018 TwinTip:Racing world champions