Communications Coordinator for Surfing Australia
- 01 July 2011 | Surf Jobs
Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Employer Surfing Australia
Work Type Full Time
Salary $40k - $50k
Currency Australian Dollar
Location Coolangatta, QLD, Australia
Information An exciting employment opportunity has become available with the National Sporting Organisation (NSO), Surfing Australia. Based at the Surfing Australia head office in Coolangatta, this role is vital to the overall success of the Surfing Australia communications department. Information for this position is as follows:
This is an exciting opportunity available to an enthusiastic, organised and intelligent person wanting to join a high profile National Sporting Organisation. The main purpose of the Communications Coordinator is to deliver and manage Surfing Australia’s key communications tools. The role is vital to the successful delivery of national communications including website, social, digital and print media.
Reporting directly to the Events & Communications Manager, the successful applicant must have a minimum of 2 years previous experience in a communications or media management role, a thorough understanding of social networking and exceptional journalism skills.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Media management – includes writing press and surf photography on regional, state, national and international events
• National magazine publication
• Website management for Surfing Australia websites and State Branch websites
• Website hosting and domain name management
• Working with state branches to manage communication platforms
• Media database and mailing development and management
• Social media management and development (Facebook, YouTube and Twitter)
• Writing and producing Surfing Australia’s corporate documents and press releases
• Bachelor in Communications/Journalism (Desirable)
• Certificate/Diploma in Video Editing/File Formats (Desirable)
• Certificate/Diploma in Photoshop (Desirable)
• Certificate/Diploma in Photography (Desirable)
• 2-3 years experience in Communications
• 2-3 years experience in Media Management (including press writing and photography)
• 1-3 years experience in Magazine Publication
Salary will be in the range of $40k - $50k dependant on skills and experience.
Closing Date Friday 15th July 2011
Apply to Kristin Brummell
Phone (07) 5599 3800
Fax (07) 5599 5097
Shortlisted applicants must be available for interview week of Monday 25th July 2011.
Please only apply if you possess the essential skills and qualifications outlined. Only those applicants who are shortlisted will be notified.